4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2015 4:19 PM by Just Shoot Me

LR CC on Mac Mini

rogwp

Is it safe to go from LR 5.7 to LR CC 6 on my late 2012 Mac Mini with SSD, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB, and 16 gig RAM? The reason I ask is because my current version is working really well, and there are a lot of posts about problems with the latest versions, and people wishing they could downgrade. Are these problems (crashing, slow running, etc.) only with Windows computers or are Mac's also affected?

• 1. Re: LR CC on Mac Mini
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Yes. But you will still have LR 5 on your system. LR CC/6 does not overwrite any older version of LR. It is a brand new program and installs in its own folder.

• 2. Re: LR CC on Mac Mini
            rogwp Level 1

Good to know, thank you. Then I could use my existing library as-is if LR CC didn't work out.

Are you aware of any problems with LR CC on Mac's?

• 3. Re: LR CC on Mac Mini

Yes. The install of LR CC/6 does not touch either the LR 5 program or the LR catalog file. It will copy your LR 5 catalog and convert it to a LR 6 catalog but it won't touch either the LR 5 catalog or program files.  They will both still be available if you so desire.

• 4. Re: LR CC on Mac Mini

Are there problem with Mac and LR? Probably in some way. Don't know as I stopped using a Mac or any Apple product well over a year ago.

But 99% of the time it is either user error or some type of hardware problem. Also the one thing you should do is uncheck, turn off, the option to "Use Graphics Processor" in the performance section of the LR preferences. It doesn't work properly on 90+% of systems.