New Here ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

•Operating system version: Windows 10 Pro 10240

•Web browser and version: Microsoft Edge 20.10240.16384.0

•Flash Player version: 18.0.0.209

•Explain your problem in step-by-step detail if possible

Recently upgraded my OS from Windows 7 to 10. Although the newly introduced Microsoft Edge browser claims to have Flash built-in, toggling Enable Adobe Flash Player does not seem to work. Any website that requires Flash simply cannot detect it and asks for downloading one. On the official download page of Flash Player there is no version for Microsoft Edge listed. Windows Update is up-to-date. Meanwhile, IE, Chrome and Firefox all display Flash contents correctly.

This seems to happen only on some machines. My virtual machines running also Win10 work like a charm.

Would appreciate a fix for this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2015 Aug 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue, I hope somebody in Adobe is reviewing these questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here after upgrading from Win 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the identical problem after upgrade of desktop with win 7 to win 10. Upgrade of laptop is fine. Details are as indicated in original post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're trying to get to the bottom of this, but so far neither we nor Microsoft QA have been able to reproduce.  When you guys see this issue in Edge, if you go to the settings menu and select "Open with Internet Explorer" does the problem persist?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

I have exactly same issue. But when I try to open the same website in internet explorer, it works perfectly fine. It is really annoying as the settings show that adobe flash player is already on with latest version but when it comes to play video/audio using flash, it throws error. A sample screenshot is attached below.1.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2015 Sep 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that most people experiencing this problem have gone through directly upgrading from Windows 7 x64 and never reset nor clean installed Windows 10 since. Maybe you could try to reproduce the bug with these settings.

After all, we are not expecting to wipe the whole system solely because of a broken Flash Player in a single browser, especially when it works in other browsers like Chrome, Firefox and IE11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2016 Apr 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded from Windows 8.1, which previously had been upgraded from Windows 8, and which had previously been upgraded from Windows 7.

I have even done the most recent update for Windows 10, and the problem still persists with Edge.

I can switch to Internet Explorer, but that runs really slow, or to another browser like Chrome or Firefox. They all work fine with Adobe Flash.

I always go to the Advanced settings in Edge, and it always has Adobe Flash enabled.

I even tried disabling it and then coming back and enabling it.

Alas, no change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What is the FP version you are using?

Flash Player Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version that comes with Windows 10....not sure how to find out what version it is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Given that the original thread was from August, and the most recent comments are all from one person posting the same question to several threads, I'm going to lock this.

If you're having problems with current versions of Flash Player and IE, please start a new thread unique to your situation so that we can give you personalized advice without conflating unrelated issues for people looking at existing posts for answers.

The more useful information you can provide, the better the answer will be:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines