2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2015 9:53 AM by TerriNlsn

InDesign CS6

TerriNlsn

Just updated to Yosemite OS X on my MacBook Pro. Now I can't get to my photos in iPhoto (because that's been updated to Photos) without going though a bunch of folders. Can anyone please help me with this problem?

• 1. Re: InDesign CS6
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can't in CS6.

That application is now about 3-1/3 years old. You're asking it to recognize something just introduced by Apple in the past year. There will never be an update to CS6 to fix that or any other problem (except perhaps security issues). That's one of the downsides of sticking with CS6 instead of going with InDesign CC.

• 2. Re: InDesign CS6
            TerriNlsn Level 1

Thank you, Steve, for that information. I very much appreciate it. I've been on the phone with Apple this morning, too, with this same issue. They said without an update to InDesign, there's nothing that they could do on their end. The suggestion that Apple had was to create generic folders on the desktop (or wherever) and export the pictures from Photos to those folders — which I had actually already tried and found successful.

The interesting thing, though, is that my PhotoShop CS6 and Illustrator CS6 do recognize the Photos app. Go figure. Thanks again for responding.