5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2015 4:44 PM by A.T. Romano

project loading prob?

digifil

Hi, when loading prem 13, a window comes up and says prem13 exe no disk ,

there is no disk in the drive, please insert a disk into drive E........help?

• 1. Re: project loading prob?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

digifil

What computer operating system?

What you report is a known Premiere Elements 13/13.1 issue. The Adobe fix for this is to delete or disable the file named OldFilm.AEX.

In Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, it can be found

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 13.0

Plug-Ins

Common

NewBlue

and, in the NewBlue Folder is the OldFilm.AEX file that you delete or disable by renaming it to OldFilm.AEXOLD.

Please let us know if that worked for you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: project loading prob?
            digifil Level 1

A.T. a slight improvement...after doing that...

I now can hit cancel on that window several times then it finally goes away.

wish it wasn't THAT WAY.

Also If I open the prem edit file that's stored on an external hard drive with the edit design file

saved on the same ext drive...it will not work.

But I'd like to move the drive around from computer to computer depending on my editing schedule.

and open the design file in that ext hard drive....more thoughts...?

FIL

• 3. Re: project loading prob?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

FIL

That deletion or disabling of the OldFilm.AEX file should get rid of the No Disc error of Premiere Elements 13/13.1. It should be a "more" permanent fix rather than a temporary one. Please give that another try.

If you have a file on an external hard drive and you want to move the external hard drive around, I would make sure that each of the computer's show that drive with the same drive letter....see Computer/Manage/Disc Management. Sometimes it is advisable to assign a drive letter which is toward the end of the alphabet to avoid drive letter changes associated with plugging and playing.

But, let me clarify from the Premiere Elements perspective...when you import source media into a project, all you get are copies of the originals in the project. But, those copies need to trace back to the originals which are still at their hard drive save location. If you move, delete, or rename Folders/Files that went into the project after the project is saved closed, you will get into some difficult media-project disconnect issues.

Please review and consider the above, and then let me know if I have targeted the information that you need. If not, please detail where I have not, and I will re-write if necessary to explain.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: project loading prob?
                digifil Level 1

I changed the name, i'll try deleting it now.

and

all I did was save the Prem design from my laptop C drive onto the ext. drive, that also houses all the orig files....

then move the ext drive from my laptop(has to go in the shop) to my desktop, no files moved, renamed or deleted,

plugged the drive in the desktop, it is a different drive letter then on the loptop, but the files and premier edit design are all on the ext drive.

I click the Prem design logo to open, then I get the window telling - 13 exe no disk in drive E, please insert a disk....

FIL

• 5. Re: project loading prob?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

FIL

Thinking about latest report.

You refer to Prem design. Is that your reference to the Premiere Elements project file (.prel)?

What is the drive letter for the external hard drive for the laptop, and what is the drive letter for that same external hard drive for the desktop?

Have you had a chance to make sure that the drive letter for the same external hard drive is the same on laptop and desktop computers?

Please do that.

Let us see its relationship to the No Disc error which may be resulting from causes other than OldFilm.AEX.

Thanks.

ATR