5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2015 6:09 AM by BackDoorHippie

Sony a6000 Capture Time Order Incorrect

BackDoorHippie

I've noticed that when I shoot a series of photos in Constant High mode on my Sony a6000 they are not displayed in the proper order when I sort them by Capture Time.

For example, if I a car driving past, when I import the photos into Lightroom and display them in Filename order they appear in their proper order, but when I display them in Capture Time order then the files are displayed out of sequence.  I may get the first image, then the 3rd, 4th, 6th, 2nd, 5th, 7th, etc., but if I switch to filename order they are fine.

All of have the same Capture Time when I look at the EXIF data (no milliseconds are displayed), so I suspect that this may have to do with the order in which they are written from the buffer to the card, but that's only a guess.

Does anyone know what might be the cause of this?  It's a problem for me because I do a lot of photography where I am triggering the Sony simultaneously with a second camera on the same subject.  I've synchronized their clocks and want to be able to display the multiple angles in a way that allows me to see (near) simultaneous images side-by-side, so I cannot simply just change the sort order to Filename.

I cannot seem to find any answers regarding whether it's an issue with the way the Sony writes files to the card (i.e. buffer clears in a non-sequential order), but I have seen and experienced issues where the order in which files are imported into Lightroom from a Sony can be completely random, so I am suspecting that there is some issue in the handshake between the two.  Is that the case?