11 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2015 8:39 PM by Vasteras1234

Edge Animate Consuming Excessive RAM (v2015.0 on Yosemite)

Grant Trotter Level 1

Hey, I've seen lots of posts about similar bugs, if not the exact same bug. I figured I'd give you guys the details of what exactly I'm experiencing in hopes that it will help you make some headway on figuring this out.

My symptoms:

Very frequently, usually every 1-10 minutes, EA starts to consume all my ram and applications get paused until I quit EA. I haven't been able to identify any trends on what use cases trigger the bug, but I'll let you know if I do. I've included some screen captures that provide more details. I took them while EA was in the process of failing.

These are my computer specs:

OSX Yosemite v10.10.4

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

2.2 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Posts about similar symptoms:

Ever since updating to edge animate cc 2015 I get the message my system has run out of application memory.  I had no iss…

Re: Edge Animate consuming 16GB RAM and crashing my computer

Memory leak on OS X

Edge Animate CC 2014.1 constantly crashing, is there a fix for that?

Re: Crash issues on Mac OS Yosemite

Constant crashes with Edge Animate and Yosemite

Today I'll be testing the suggestion to remove preferences, and the suggestion to reinstall Chrome, and I'll post results here. (For anybody looking for a solution, see the posts I've linked to for more details on those suggestions.)

This is frustrating and disappointing because it makes EA impractical to use, but I trust that you all are working to identify and solve the problem(s). Thanks for the work you're putting into this. I hope this info is helpful!

------------------------------------

This is roughly what Activity Monitor looks like before I kill EA:

cap2.jpg

And here's Activity Monitor shortly after killing EA:

cap3.jpg