3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2015 6:31 AM by A.T. Romano

Using Sony rx100 mk2 HD video in PE

wcn_dave Level 1

I have some footage, and the first 3 clips are fine, however the rest are very jerky / stuttery.

It's not the format, as they are all the same, it's not the size, as videos of the same size do and don't work, and it's not the hardware as it's on SSD and i have much larger files.

I really urgently need to edit / convert this, if anyone has any ideas, it would be great, i will also upload one to see if you can help with it.

thanks!

Dave

• 1. Re: Using Sony rx100 mk2 HD video in PE
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Dave

What version of Premiere Elements, and what computer operating system is involved?

Are are the properties of your source file - appear to be

AVCHD.mp4 (1920 x 1080@ a progressive frame rate).

But, what frame rate?

What are you or the project setting as the project preset to match the properties of the source video?

Is the problem so far just in the previewing of the Timeline content? Is so, are you looking at Timeline rendered or unrendered clips?

Let us start here and then decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Using Sony rx100 mk2 HD video in PE
            wcn_dave Level 1

Thanks so much.  It wasn't anything to do with PE, it was not playing in VLC / XBMC / media player.  It was very jerky.  I tried converting a hundred different ways, and nothing.  So the guy who filmed it said it worked fine on the camera, so I said worse case we play from camera to TV and I will film the TV with my camera.

So he gets his camera, guess what? Doesn't work...

Then he looks at the setting dial, and sees it's on manual instead of automatic. So he changed the setting after the 3 test videos, and didn't realise!

Luckily they had two cameras rolling most of the time, so we have a lower quality version, and I have to mix the sound... but there was 3 hours wasted on finding out the source material was messed up!

Thanks anyway.

• 3. Re: Using Sony rx100 mk2 HD video in PE
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Dave

Sorry for the setback, but glad that you identified the core of the problem related to the source of the video. Great job.

We appreciated the follow up and your sharing of the outcome.

Moving forward, please do not hesitate to ask questions and to ask for clarification on your Premiere Elements workflows.

Best wishes

ATR