2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2015 9:34 AM by vaughanr12060058

Joining three separate sequences into one long sequence

vaughanr12060058

I have created three separate sequences (21 minutes, 12 minutes, 18 minutes) and burned each directly onto a separate DVD using the Elements program; playback on TV is good quality. Is there a way of joining/combining all three into one long sequence so that I can create a good quality DVD for playback on large screen TV. I have tried burning the separate video files onto a DVD but the playback quality is unacceptable. Thanks.

• 1. Re: Joining three separate sequences into one long sequence
          A.T. Romano Level 7

vaughanr

From your prior thread, you appear to be using Premiere Elements 12/12.1 on Windows 7 64 bit computer.

What did you produce - NTSC or PAL DVD-VIDEO standard 4:3 or widescreen 16:9 on DVD disc?

Assuming for this example - NTSC DVD-VIDEO widescreen on DVD disc

1. For each, take into Premiere Elements 12/12.1 project with the project preset set for

NTSC

DV Widescreen

Either you manually or the project automatically needs to set for this project preset which will match the properties of your source media.

2. In Expert workspace, use Add Media/DVD camera or computer drive/Video Importer to bring in the VTS_01_1.vob file from your DVD disc.

Each DVD will have the same named file for its DVD-VIDEO vob file, so in the Video Importer Save In:, make sure the video files from different DVD discs are going to different folders in the Videos Folder (if that is the default location that you use). You cannot have same named files in same folder. In Video Importer, confirm that the vob that you are selecting has a characteristically large file size.

3. Once the 3 are on the Timeline, use Publish+Share/Disc/DVD with preset = NTSC_Widescreen_Dolby DVD if that is your intent.

That should give you 720 x 480 16:9 widescreen - the 16:9 flag will stretch the video to about 872 x 480 for display after encoding.

Your could instead go for the higher resolution disc product AVCHD on DVD disc (1920 x 1080) Publish+Share/Disc/AVCHD and selection of a 1920 x 1080 preset. But that product, although it can be produced with a regular DVD burner, cannot be played back on a regular DVD player...needs Blu-ray player that supports AVCHD DVD or one of those multi media players that supports AVCHD.

Please review and consider. We can give you supplemental information on this.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Joining three separate sequences into one long sequence
            vaughanr12060058 Level 1

Hello ATR.

Many thanks again for your excellent advice. You will probably recall the project on which I am working - a two hour dance show in two one-hour acts. I have edited the first act (with great difficulty due to "freezing" problems - now awaiting delivery of a new computer with faster processor and 16GB RAM) - but I managed it. The whole project is saved as three separate projects each saved as a separate .prel file. As a precaution against losing the work I burned each "project" onto a PAL DVD using the Elements sharing burner. The quality of each DVD was good when played on a standard TV DVD player. I then began to think of ways of getting the three separate pieces onto one complete, one-hour, DVD. I searched through the options of "opening" and "importing" but nothing seemed to allow me to place the three sequences on the same timeline so that I could burn a final, one-hour DVD of the first act of the show. Each time I opened a sequence it was placed on the timeline but then, of course, when I opened the next sequence it took the place of the first sequence. So I tried transferring the VTS_01 files from each of the three DVDs onto the computer's hard drive and then burning a new disc with all three sequences on it. This DVD has all the work but the images are rather poor and blocky when shown on a TV through a standard DVD player (and I don't understand why). So I would like to find a way of arranging the three separate projects/sequences on the same timeline so that I can then burn a DVD using the Elements sharing burner and have a good quality finished product.  If there is way of doing this I would be very grateful.

Thanks a lot,

VaughanR