• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After refresh of my computer I need to re-install lightroom but my old serial number will not work. Any suggestions?

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any Suggestions?  I/m trying the chat feature but they are taking an exceedingly long time. . .

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Your serial number is fine, please make sure that while installing you are using the Language as Universal English.

If still gives an error, please make sure that your internet security program is disabled and Firewall is Turned OFF.

And go to the following location and open HOSTS file and check if you see any entries with adobe ( activate.adobe.com) mentioned in it, please see how you can reset hosts file, Sign in, activation, or connection errors | CS5.5 and later, Acrobat DC:

Let us know if this

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please mention the version of Lightroom you are trying to install, and what is the error that comes up when you enter your serial number.

Also please mention the operating system of your computer.

Regards,

Bani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is lightroom 5, I am using windows 8.1 and the error message is just when I enter the serial number, a red X appears next to the numbers when I finish typing them in and it does not allow me to click the "Next" button to continue installation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I have sent a personal message to you please check and reply to that.

Regards,

Bani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your serial number is fine, please make sure that while installing you are using the Language as Universal English.

If still gives an error, please make sure that your internet security program is disabled and Firewall is Turned OFF.

And go to the following location and open HOSTS file and check if you see any entries with adobe ( activate.adobe.com) mentioned in it, please see how you can reset hosts file, Sign in, activation, or connection errors | CS5.5 and later, Acrobat DC:

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Bani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you still face same issue ,

Follow below steps :

Press Windows button (located between Ctrl and Alt buttons) along with R button together at a time , you will get a run command window.

Type in below command and hit 'Enter' key.

%programdata%

It will open ProgramData folder. locate Adobe folder inside,

Navigate to Adobe> Lightroom.

Open Lightroom and delete the files inside .   [ Lightroom cookie and reg files ]

Then launch Lightroom 5 app and try to activate using serial number and check .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines