2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2015 7:05 AM by A.T. Romano

install problem with elements premiere and organizer

hansvdh

I newly installed premiere elements on "D", later I installed organizer. After making only two films the space on my "C" is gone. I can't find anything to change the use of the "C". (my "C"is only 58GB). What is the cause of using space on the "C".

I have changed the catalog file to "D".

After importing new files for one of the films in premiere itself was the last available space on "C" again lower.

• 1. Re: install problem with elements premiere and organizer
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This is about Premiere Pro, but it may help... Drive C space http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1007934?tstart=0 see reply 4 for the setting that you need to manually change... and then delete any old temp files

• 2. Re: install problem with elements premiere and organizer
            A.T. Romano Level 7

hansvdh

What version of Premiere Elements and what computer operating system is involved.

As far as I have ever seen after many versions of Premiere Elements, the following is not possible as you wrote

I newly installed premiere elements on "D", later I installed organizer

"Premiere Elements" installs in one install Premiere Elements Editor and Elements Organizer. There is no "...later I installed organizer". So, please explain what you did there.

It is important to install Premiere Elements on the Local Disc C during the program installation. There are components in the program that will install to default locations no matter how hard you try to relocate them.

My Premiere Elements answer to your Premiere Elements question would be:

1. After uninstalling Premiere Elements from D and cleaning the computer with ccleaner, install Premiere Elements from your installation files or disc to the Local Disk C

Assuming a Windows computer...CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

2. In the opened project, set up the Scratch Disks to point to the D drive. See Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks.

Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Working with scratch disks

Please review and consider. If any questions or need clarification on your Premiere Elements workflows, please do not hesitate to ask and I will offer customized reply.

Thank you.

ATR