3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2015 7:03 AM by MobileDeveloperCK

Highlight/Strikethrough not syncing to other devices via Document Cloud

akmcafee

I have a PDF that I make highlight and strikethrough changes to from 3 devices all using Reader DC, an iPad, iPhone, and Macbook. Highlights and strikethrough changes will save to be seen again on that same device later but never seems to sync to the document cloud and be reflected on other devices. Almost seems like I have 3 copies of the same document that each have their own comments saved but only one file shows up in document cloud. I am signed in to Document Cloud on all devices using the same account.

Is this a officially supported feature?

• 1. Re: Highlight/Strikethrough not syncing to other devices via Document Cloud
          MobileDeveloperCK Adobe Employee

Hi akmcafee,

It sounds like you have multiple copies of the PDF document on your computer/device.

Would you try the following steps?

1. Rename all of local copies to something else.
          2. Make sure that you sign in.
          3. Select "Document Cloud"  for the file location.
          4. Open the particular cloud PDF document in Acrobat Reader on your MacBook or iPad/iPhone.
          5. Add Highlight, Strikethrough, and other annotations to the cloud document.
          6. Go back to the My Documents.  This forces Acrobat to close the PDF document and save changes.

Save_DocumentCloud.png

Do you see the toast message about the document being saved (as shown above)?

If you do not see the toast message, it means that your changes are not properly saved to the cloud document.  Can you try a couple of other different cloud documents and follow the same steps?  (This will help us determine if the problem occurs only with a particular PDF document or other PDF documents.)

Would you open the same cloud document from a different computer or device to see the new changes?  Please make sure that you open a PDF document in the Document Cloud section (not Local or Recent).

Please let us know what you find.  Thank you for your help.

• 2. Re: Highlight/Strikethrough not syncing to other devices via Document Cloud
            akmcafee Level 1

It is working for me now. I did some testing like you recommended with a completely new document uploaded to Document Cloud. I think the primary fix for me to keep it syncing correctly is making sure to manually Save changes to Document Cloud (cloud with Up arrow icon) and keeping each PDF document open from Document Cloud on only one device at a time. So now my workflow process is to keep the PDF document closed on all devices when not in use, open the PDF document from Document Cloud on a single device, make changes, save the PDF document to the Document Cloud, and close the document on that device. Working well for a few weeks now.

Thanks for helping!

• 3. Re: Highlight/Strikethrough not syncing to other devices via Document Cloud
              MobileDeveloperCK Adobe Employee

Hi akmcafee,

Your approach sounds like the most reliable way to keep documents in sync.  Thank you for letting us know that it's been working well for you.