Could you send me an original example photo, best as a private message with a downloadable dropbox link
Will do, although I've removed the collection from Lightroom mobile. I'll sync some again and locate one which did not show the correct EV value and histogram in LR Mobile and provide you with a dropbox RAW file download link via PM. Thanks.
This issue was encountered with LR Mobile on an android device.
Message sent with dropbox links for ARW raw and XMP sidecar files.
Could you please let me know if my understanding is correct.
1) You had imported the above image in Lr Desktop, and applied the settings ( I can see that you have added exposure value to be +0.20 ev ).
2) Later, you synced the above image with Lr mobile.
3) In Lr mobile, you are seeing the value of -5.00 ev instead of +0.20 ev on that image.
Is this correct?
Yes, that is correct.
LR desktop was set to do auto tone on import.
Once loaded and sync'd and the "Allow editing offline" operation was completed (assuming this copies smart previews and sidecard XMP files to the device) on the Android device I then viewed images.
Many are showing in LR Mobile on Sony Z3 phone running android 5.1.1 and Amazon Kindle HDX 8.9 running Fire OS 4.5.5 (based on Android 4.4.2 I believe) as having -5.00EV adjustment and a histogram that corresponds, although the image looks completely normal. Activating "Auto tone" in LR Mobile then shows an appropriately distributed histogram, but no adjustment is visible on the image. If I try and change the EV setting without auto tone nothing is applied to the image. It remains the same regardless of adjustment in LR Mobile.
Note this was done with what I thought was a CC upgrade from LR6, but was actually the LR6.1 update just installed via the CC application. This means that it was LR6.1.1 importing/applying auto tone, then sync'd down to Lightroom Mobile 1.2 on Android.
Still encountering this problem on both LR Mobile for phone and tablet. Any input appreciated.
I am trying to figure out the issue. Will update you once done.
Thanks for the update. Might be an issue only from LR6 sync and not from LR CC. Will try a sync from CC on my laptop and see if that has the problem too.
Have you been able to replicate the issue at all? Or have I managed to concoct a special problem just for my own setup?
I see that someone encountered this issue before me - Lightroom Mobile data incomplete
I did try to replicate the issue, but I am not able to reproduce (I am not finding -5.00 EV issue)
This is what I did.
1) Imported the photo in LrDesktop (Import set to 'Auto Tone')
2) Synced the collection with LrMobile
3) In the tablet/phone, I tapped the 'Enable Offline Editing'
4) After the offline editing feature was enabled, I checked the image in the phone.
Result : I am not able to see -5.00 EV on the image.
1) I tried this on CC version of Lightroom. I would be trying the perpetual scenario for 6.1.1 and let you know on how it looks there.
2) Not able to replicate the issue irrespective of 'Offline Editing' (i.e , Enabled/Disabled - both scenarios)
Is my above workflow the same as your workflow? If not, please let me know if I am missing something here.
Any known solution for this issue?
I have the same problem, and can't solve it.
I use iPad Pro and Lightroom CC on laptop.