3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2015 5:38 PM by A.T. Romano

Move or insert tracks

wcn_dave Level 1

How does one move tracks? Or insert tracks in the middle.

I have a project that I want to insert a track into in the middle of the others, so that it's above a particular track and under another.

However when I do add tracks I can only add to start or end, not in the middle, and I can't see how to move them after.

using PE11 on Windows 7

• 1. Re: Move or insert tracks
          A.T. Romano Level 7

wcn_dave

Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7

The way I would envision this with a lot of depends on what you actually have...

1. Given Content on Tracks 1, 2, 3, and 4 and you want to have a empty track with content between what is then tracks 2 and 3.

2. Draw a rectangle around all the clips on track 3 and 4, click drag upward in the selection to deposit tracks 3 and 4 content on tracks 4 and 5.

3. Add new track content to the vacated track 3 or paste content that you have copied for use.

If necessary, please give more details for a finer tuned reply.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Move or insert tracks
            wcn_dave Level 1

It's doable, the problem was that I had renamed all my tracks, so the technique you described then requires one to rename all tracks again.

So i have say 20 interviews that I mix into a documentary, and I want to add a new one in the middle, so that my overlays, video effects tiles etc are all over the top of the new track...

I name each track after the person being interviewed.

• 3. Re: Move or insert tracks
              A.T. Romano Level 7

wcn

Thanks for the follow ups.

The only way to win out here is if you need the new track added "Before First Track" or "After Last Track".

I will think about this some more, but now only seeing moving track content and not track. And, your need to rename the tracks is the deal breaker.

To be continued,

ATR