3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2015 5:38 PM by A.T. Romano

Move or insert tracks

wcn_dave Level 1

How does one move tracks? Or insert tracks in the middle.

I have a project that I want to insert a track into in the middle of the others, so that it's above a particular track and under another.

However when I do add tracks I can only add to start or end, not in the middle, and I can't see how to move them after.

using PE11 on Windows 7

• 1. Re: Move or insert tracks
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7

The way I would envision this with a lot of depends on what you actually have...

1. Given Content on Tracks 1, 2, 3, and 4 and you want to have a empty track with content between what is then tracks 2 and 3.

2. Draw a rectangle around all the clips on track 3 and 4, click drag upward in the selection to deposit tracks 3 and 4 content on tracks 4 and 5.

3. Add new track content to the vacated track 3 or paste content that you have copied for use.

If necessary, please give more details for a finer tuned reply.

• 2. Re: Move or insert tracks
            wcn_dave Level 1

It's doable, the problem was that I had renamed all my tracks, so the technique you described then requires one to rename all tracks again.

So i have say 20 interviews that I mix into a documentary, and I want to add a new one in the middle, so that my overlays, video effects tiles etc are all over the top of the new track...

I name each track after the person being interviewed.

• 3. Re: Move or insert tracks
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Thanks for the follow ups.

The only way to win out here is if you need the new track added "Before First Track" or "After Last Track".

I will think about this some more, but now only seeing moving track content and not track. And, your need to rename the tracks is the deal breaker.

To be continued,