• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium- but Adobe Acrobat 9 PRO won't install.

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have bought Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium- but Adobe Acrobat 9 PRO won't install. It will drag onto my Mac, leave the folder there- I have the new Macbook OS X-  but when you click on the icon it deems like its empty, nothing happens, the program doesn't open. Only the Adobe pull down menu is in bold on the top of the screen but  none of the other tabs are displayed, you can't open a document on acrobat. I can't find the acrobat 9 pro for macs to download either. Please advise.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marina

For downloading Acrobat 9 refer to Download Acrobat products | 9, 8

Thanks

Varun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did and it says that for Mac OS it is not available. Which I specified in my question and the creative suite 5 design premium that I bought is for Mac OS. So I need this to work.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned in the post above- in the link you sent Varun- the Acrobat 9 Pro for Mac Os X does not exist.

I purchased the Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium for Mac Os X, so I need an alternative to get the program downloaded as I purchased a product that I can not install properly to use in my computer.

Is there a number to speak to someone?

This is inefficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Download Adobe CS5 Free Trials – All Direct Links without Akamai | ProDesignTools

Follow the Very Important Instructions on that page before you click the download link.

The download link does work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, It says Access Denied for the Acrobat 9 Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Access Denied means you have not followed the Very Important Instructions on the page first before clicking the download link.

Again, the download link works - I just tried it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John,

The link now worked. I was having a problem going into the first part of the instructions but, once the product downloads, the same issue happens that is happening with the disk version. The program seems to be "empty". It does't open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your link to download Acrobat 9 doesn't work- as for Macs it says its not available. Does someone from Adobe staff have another solution? Its not like your products are cheap to purchase for them to stop working and not install properly when you have the disk in hand. Can someone reach out to me with a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may not help, especially since I am on Windows, but when I bought CS5 Master Collection there were two serial numbers... one for everything EXCEPT Acrobat, and a separate one for Acrobat

I do not know if that is true for Mac software, but you might verify that you are using the correct serial number

>purchased the Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium for Mac Os X

Not really... CS5 is (I think) 5+ years old, from LONG before your Mac's operating system... so it is possible you will not get all of CS5 to work properly

Mac 10.10.4 possible fix (at least for Premiere Pro) https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1891705

Mac 10.10.? sometimes has problems, often related to "default" permissions needing to be changed

-one person's solution https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1689788

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have the separate serial numbers as well, and I purchased this software in September 2011.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines