Rendering is when you have the program create temporary files for smoother playback... using the publish/share function to export a video file is when you create a new file... what are you doing?
I am publishing/sharing my video project, not rendering to create smoother playback in editing. Normally it produces a perfectly fine video file, but now it just produces a 24-byte file after having gone through the entire publishing process.
The answers will be in the details. And, apparently you have had some prior success with your Premiere Elements video editing, so that is an advantage.
1. What version of Premiere Elements and what computer operating system is involved?
2. What did you manually or the project automatically set for the project preset. Please refer to Edit Menu/Project Settings/General. And, what are the properties of your source media that were to match your project preset?
3. When you got to Share or Publish+Share/, what was your detailed export choice? Did you export to file saved to the computer hard drive? If so, Share or Publish+Share/Computer and then what and what preset? Did you use the default preset, or did you customize the preset under its Advanced Button/Video Tab, Audio Tab, Multiplexer Tab?
4. At the hard drive save location of your export, what is the file name of this 24 bytes file that was the end product of your export?
5. How is this project different than your successes?
Let us start here and then decide what next.
Thanks John, I will have to get all those details to you tonight when I get home. (I am at my day job right now). More to come, thanks.
Hi John, I found the solution to the problem: My hard drive was full and didn't have enough room to do any work, but it had no way of telling me. I only had about 40 gigs of memory left and that was not enough. I deleted about 100 gigs of old video files and then tried again, and it worked like a charm. Thanks for your help though!
Wonderful news of your success. Well done identifying what had to be done.
You may want to do some additional major computer cleanup optimization with a free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaner parts).
Also keep watch on the Scratch Disks - where they are pointed and how much free space is there.
Please refer to Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks.