7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2015 8:30 AM by Best of Breed

Lost PRE13 afer hard drive crash

Best of Breed

I purchased PE-13 and my hard drive crashed.    Is there anyway to download it again and activate it now that I have a new HD?

• 1. Re: Lost PRE13 afer hard drive crash
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

How about the same link you used the first time?

Or, if you lost that, try Other downloads

• 2. Re: Lost PRE13 afer hard drive crash
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Best of Breed

Do you have the purchased serial number?

Did you have the opportunity to deactivate (Help Menu/Sign Out) before you replaced the hard drive?

Is this install going to be on the same computer as before the hard drive replacement?

What computer operating system?

ATR

• 3. Re: Lost PRE13 afer hard drive crash
              Best of Breed Level 1

Yes and yes.

I'm downloading 13 now but the .7z file is taking a long time to unpack.

Or does the .exe file unpack it for me?

Ken

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 4:12 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 4. Re: Lost PRE13 afer hard drive crash
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Ken

There may be different scenarios but the one that I am aware of is the one where you get the .exe (extractor) and 7z (the program itself) to the computer desktop or your designated save location for those files. Then you double click the .exe file to begin the extraction. What follows from there should be automatic - no need to click the 7z file.

The extractor had be target of firewalls, so best to do the download and install with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

Please let me know if that works for you.

Best wishes

ATR

• 5. Re: Lost PRE13 afer hard drive crash
                  Best of Breed Level 1

Thanks.  The problem that I didn't realize that I was having is that the

zipped file was downloaded to a specific folder and the exe file was

attempting to downloaded to a different folder, so after I picked up on

that, I forced the exe file to download to the same folder as the 7z file

and then it unpacked just fine.

I have Windows-10 so maybe it's a flaw in 10 that I'll need to watch more

closely.

Ken

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 5:28 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 6. Re: Lost PRE13 afer hard drive crash
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Ken

Great news. And, great job in identifying the core of the issue.

Do you have Windows 10 Home 64 bit or Windows 10 Pro 64 bit?

I have recently upgraded two of my computers to Windows 10, and, so far, any problems with Premiere Elements 13, 12, 11, and 10 on Windows 10 are the same problems that existed before the upgrade of the Windows operating system. And, no problems either way. Did you note that you can take the computer back to the previous operating system if you want to - see Start Menu/Settings/Upgrade and Recovery, but this Recovery is available for only 1 month after the Windows 10 install date.

Thanks for letting us know the outcome.

Best wishes

ATR

• 7. Re: Lost PRE13 afer hard drive crash
                      Best of Breed Level 1

Windows 10 Home.

I saw the desktop link to open in W7, but I doubt that I'll try that

because the reason MS gave me W10 was because I had a HD crash two weeks

ago, replaced it, couldn't get W7 reloaded, so I paid MS to figure it out

and they tried for several days to get W7 reloaded but it would never

load/run correctly, so they just gave me W10 and it seems to be happy with

my hardware.

My PRE12 worked okay, much better than PRE7, but 12 still had a few

glitches.  I'm crossing my fingers that 13 will be at least a little bit

better than PRE12... although sometimes "better the devil you know."

I'm surprised that Adobe didn't go from 12 to 14... same reason you seldom

ever see a 13th floor in a hotel.

Always little challenges, never a dull moment.

Regards

Ken

On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 7:41 AM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>