• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I recently had the hard drive on my iMac replaced

Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, when I try to access Lightroom 6.0, I find I am in the 30 day trial period.  When I enter my product code, it does not work.  I verified the code on line at Adobe.com in my personal info.  Everything was fine until I had the hard drive replaced.  Is this what is stopping me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

I will leave Hosts.old as it is for now -- unless I should delete it or change it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case it is not signing in successfully please try the following:

I don't know which operating system you are working on so i am giving you some steps windows and MAC OS:

Windows:

In windows 7 navigate to following location:

/windows/system32/drivers/etc

1. look out for "Hosts" file

2. Open it with notepad

3. Check if you have any entry for Adobe

4. Remove the entries and try again launching any product from CC

On Windows XP navigate to following location:

\windows\system32\drivers\etc

1. look out for "Hosts" file

2. Open it with notepad

3. Check if you have any entry for Adobe

4. Remove the entries and try again launching any product from CC

Mac:

1. Please click on "Go" and navigate to /private/etc

2. Open "hosts" file and check out for any entries for Adobe.com

3. Remove the entries and save the file

4.  try again launching any product from CC

You can refer :

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/ccm-prompt-serial-number.html

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-i ssues.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Akash, for the quick response.  I presume "Go" is in the menu bar in "Finder".  I cannot find the "Hosts" file.

I am running 10.10.4 Yosemite.  With very limited internet connectivity, I am not on CC but choose the stand alone version of Lightroom.  Sorry I am not more computer literate.

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Folder >>type "/ETC

then open hosts and rename it to Hosts.old

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Akash.  I must leave the computer now.  I will be back in about 1 hour.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am back again. 

When I select Go>Go to Folder... and type "/ETC then hit GO, the message "The folder can't be found." appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Type /etc instead

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it.  Changed the name to:   hosts.old

Where to from here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now try entering  serial number in Lightroom again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The computer is updating Adobe Application Manager.  My internet connection is quite slow.  This may take a few minutes more.  Thanks for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The computer prompted me to set up CC.  I declined. 

When I opened Lightroom, it opened normally.  Under the Help dropdown menu, I see no selection for entering the product code. 

I see a selection for "Sign Out (my email address)".  Should I sign out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sing out and close Lightroom

It should then ask to sign in again on next launch..Then Select License this software and exter serial key

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think we got it.  I exited Lightroom, rebooted the computer and Lightroom started right up.  When I checked the Help menu, I found I was still Signed In.  Then I signed out again, rebooted the computer, started Lightroom, entered the product code and Lightroom started.  I then found I was signed in again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's it. If it is no longer asking you to enter the serial key and Propts that it is a trial..This is the way it should be setup..It is now working fine..FYI Sign out means that you have Lightroom Activated right now.It might says "Lightroom Mobile Trial 30 days left" when you open Lightroom (appears near identity plate top left side)..This is for Lightroom CC..Lihtroom 6 have 30 days trial for Lightroom mobile..

So If you have entered the serial key and it is accepted

That means its all setup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh!  That is interesting.  I thought being "Signed In"meant some connection to CC.  This whole CC business is a bit confusing to me.

Now... back to changing:  hosts to hosts.old.  Does this affect any non-Adobe application?  Am I in for a surprise when I try to run any other application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom or any other Perpetual Product requires you to Sign in with your Adobe account to Identify your Adobe Account. It is activated from the serial number you entered.. Thanks for your time.You may close this query if that's all.

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be working well.  Many thanks for your help, Akash.

Let me guess that now I should click on "Correct Answer" (?)

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will leave Hosts.old as it is for now -- unless I should delete it or change it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Leave it to Hosts.old as this File is recreated automatically by your OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines