2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2015 4:48 PM by KHCAP

InDesign CC 2015 — every move I make takes forever for the action to catch up. Help!

KHCAP

Just installed updated my CS6 to InDesign CC 2015 and every move I make takes forever for the action to catch up. Seems like something is chugging in the background. I don't know if something is syncing behind the scenes or if this version of ID just doesn't like my early 2008 mac. I have plenty of RAM and hard drive space. I will admit I am not familiar with how all this Creative Cloud business is supposed to work so it may have something to do with that. Any thoughts? Thanks for saving my sanity

• 1. Re: InDesign CC 2015 — every move I make takes forever for the action to catch up. Help!
          avanishdivya Adobe Employee

Hello KHCAP,

We would like to remote in to your machine & troubleshoot this problem. My email id is divya@adobe.com. Please reply.

Thanks

Avanish

• 2. Re: InDesign CC 2015 — every move I make takes forever for the action to catch up. Help!
            KHCAP Level 1

Thanks Avanish for your reply... No offense, just call me old fashioned, but I am not comfortable with somebody accessing my computer remotely. I will attach a snippet of my computer specs (it's a 1TB hard drive with 500GB available).  I can tell you it is glitchy when I click and drag something, whether it's a text or picture box, or whether I'm trying to highlight text. Also when I am finally able to drag it, when I drop it on the spot where I want it, it acts like it lets go but when I move my cursor whatever I just moved jumps to where my cursor is. I have always had my Display Performance at High Quality Display. I did change this down to Typical Display which seemed to help slightly, but not enough to keep me from going back to CC 9.3.

So I did uninstall 2015 and installed the previous version CC 9.3 and haven't had any issues. It is possible that CC 2015 requires more power than my 7-year-old machine is able to give. My new iMac 27 with Retina 4.0GHz quad-core just arrived today. I will definitely test CC2015 on that and report back to you.   Thank you again for helping me to troubleshoot!

Screen Shot 2015-08-07 at 7.36.14 PM.png