• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I stop Adobe Reader Updater from constantly trying to update me to 10.1.15?

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought a new iMac to upgrade an older iMac.  I'm guessing this new iMac came with the newer Acrobat Reader DC version pre-installed (I have version 2015.008.20082 apparently).  I successfully performed a migration of all my files/apps/documents from the older iMac to the new one (considerably more successful than a previous migration from a Powermac G5 to the iMac... but I digress)... and now I repeatedly... like every day... get a request from the "Adobe Reader Updater" application to update to version 10.1.15.

Except when I say OK dude... go ahead... I keep getting the same error... I feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day.... how can I make this stop?

"The update could not be applied because the Adobe Reader application contents were modified since the original installation.

Please reinstall Adobe Reader and check for updates again.

Error: 1301"

Any attempt to reinstall the app will just get me the same version that's already installed (I believe).  I could attempt to rip out every vestige of "Adobe Reader Updater" (including anything invisible)... but I thought maybe I'd ask somebody first before I acted in anger and screwed something ELSE up.

TIA.

Dale

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?