4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2016 7:48 AM by JLaRoche

Audio not rendering (Audio Output *is* checked)

SiliconLord

I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out what is going wrong here.

(*Yes* I have ticked the "Audio Output Auto" checkbox in AE's render options.)

Whenever I render out my project - either through AE render queue or AME - my file doesn't have *any* audio.

It doesn't matter what format I choose to render out as either.

The audio plays during RAM Preview, but when I render the project the video is completely silent.

The project contains 1 imported *.m2ts format video that I recorded with a Sony handycam. The audio on that footage is muted.

I also imported an MP3 file which is the audio that *should* be playing after rendering - which isn't.

The strange thing about this is that after finally giving up on figuring out what was wrong with this particular project, I started a new project in a similar fashion. Added the same footage and the same MP3 file, sent it to AME and rendered. To my surprise it worked. So I thought to myself that maybe my project file had been corrupted somehow. I re-opened it and tried rendering it again and it actually worked! I only rendered about a 10 second part just to save time. Well, I then tried to render a larger part and guess what... the audio works but it's just looping the audio from the 10 second render... WHAT THE HELL?

Sorry if I haven't done a very good job at explaining this. I'm really confused as the what's happening and I would greatly appreciate anyone's help.

Here are my system specs.

----------------------------------------------------------

After Effects 13.5.1.48

Windows 10 Pro

Intel Core i7 4770K

16Gb RAM

Nvidia GTX 770

Steinberg UR28M Audio Interface

256Gb Crucial M500 SSD

----------------------------------------------------------