4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2015 7:07 AM by A.T. Romano

about motion tracking on Element 13

Estheranna

Motion tracking: yellow monitoring framework works well, but I can not link him a graphic or picture. The framework does not become blue. What to do please? Can You help me please. Thanks !

Ce message a été modifié par : Alain Courgenou

• 1. Re: about motion tracking on Element 13
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Once you've selected the object to track and then tracked it, adding a graphic or picture to it is as simple as dragging the graphic from the Graphics panel or picture from the Project Assets panel onto the selection. Don't worry if it doesn't turn blue.

• 2. Re: about motion tracking on Element 13
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Estheranna

What computer operating system is involved? For now, I will assume Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

I have not run into the situation where Motion Tracking works if the yellow/orange frame does not turn burn when you drag the graphics to it/into it.

There have been numerous threads about this Premiere Elements 13 Motion Tracking problem. At the present time, I am not having this Motion Tracking problem with Premiere Elements 13/13.1. I did at one time.

My suggestions:

1. Have you updated 13 to 13.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates? If not, please do that.

2. Evaluate the situation with different objects to be tracked and other tracking objects.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Motion Tracking/What To Use To Track Object?

3. Try deletion of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file (Premiere Elements 13/13.1 settings file)

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and, in the 13.0 Folder, is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the whole 13.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, or Drives enabled so that you can see the whole path given.

4. Depending on how the troubleshooting progresses or does not, we might consider program uninstall, free ccleaner, and reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

5. If this should go to your technique which I am not suspecting at this time, please see

Motion tracking | Learn Premiere Elements 12 | Adobe TV

The video tutorial is done with Premiere Elements 12/12.1 which should be the same as 13/13.1. But, the 12/12.1 Motion Feature seems to be far less problematic than the one in Premiere Elements 13/13.1.

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: about motion tracking on Element 13
              Estheranna Level 1

Thanks to Steve and to AT Romano for your help.
              I finally finded the solution :
              It is necessary du select the Checkbox: "Force the selected parameter on the projectc" appearing at the begining of a new project. (It is not possible to modifie this choice after introducing the first vidéo in the project).

If it is not checkd, ans if some caractéristics of the vidéo do not match those of the project, motion tracking does not works properly.
              Thank you again for your help.
              Best regards...

Estheranna

• 4. Re: about motion tracking on Element 13
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Estheranna

Thank you for reporting that your Premiere Elements 13 Motion Tracking issue is resolved. Well done.

From your description of the solution, it sounded like your issue was related to a mismatch between project preset and properties of your Timeline source file.

I do not remember seeing that relationship before for Motion Tracking problem and project preset. I will look into that further.

A just in case note....Premiere Elements 11, 12, and 13 are designed so that the project sets the project preset automatically based on its analysis of the first file dragged to its Timeline. Sometimes it does it right, sometimes not. For the not times, then you can set the project preset manually using File Menu/New/Project. The routine is

• Open the project to the Expert workspace, and go to File Menu/New Project and Change Settings.
                • In Change Settings, set the project preset to match the properties of the source media. OK out of there.
                • In the New Project dialog that opens, rename the project and make sure to have a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on This Project". OK out of there.
                • Back in the Expert workspace, import your source media using Add Media/ choice.

Best wishes

ATR