3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2015 7:11 AM by A.T. Romano

Jerky transition in published file

wcn_dave Level 1

I have a video with two main streams, and I use the opacity rubber band to fade in and out the top track as required.  It all plays fairly well in PE11, however the output file (I tried a few different formats, from MTS to AVCHD) all have very jerky transitions.

Are there any reasons, or tips and tricks for not getting jerky transitions in the final file?

Thanks

Dave

• 1. Re: Jerky transition in published file
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Dave

Are you saying that you do not see problems with the transitions while you are still in the Expert workspace Timeline?

Before Publish+Share, do you Timeline render the Timeline content to get the best possible preview of what you have at that point?

Transitions can be edited for duration, alignment, and other. Have you done that? And, sometimes, the end of the clip (end of the first and the beginning of the second) need to have a few frames chopped off to create "handles" for the transition to work properly. Please review the following in that regard

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: Video Transitions - Part 2 How They Work

Also, check out the smoothness of the keyframing that you are creating for the fade ins and outs and back ins.

Also, expand the Timeline with the -+ slider above the Timeline and inspect for any transitions placement issues and other.

Please consider, and, if any questions or need clarification, please ask.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Jerky transition in published file
            wcn_dave Level 1

Sounds complex.  All I am doing is fading in / out a video using the rubber bands.  It's not a true transition.

I exported in a few different formats and eventually found one that had a smooth opacity fade out, so I think I'm just going to move on for now.

If I get the same thing again I will defo come back to your answer and try to understand more about transitions, just a question of time right now!

Thanks again

Dave

• 3. Re: Jerky transition in published file
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Dave

Thanks for the follow up.

Good job of finding fades that worked for you. There are adjustments that can be made to the fades, not sure if you are aware of them. When and if necessary we can go into applying fades and editing them. But, for now, it sounds like you are OK in terms of moving forward with your project as you described.

I just replied to your other thread. So, I will meet your there next.

Best wishes

ATR