5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2015 4:54 PM by A.T. Romano

when I click on burn to DVD it simply refuses to load the next page

kenfull123

Been using Premiere Elements for many a year.  I am now on PE 10. I have no problems compiling the video, but when I come to Share and click on Burn to DVD, the next page will simply not load. The blue load icon just keeps a-turning!!  This has only happened recently but is frustrating.  I tried one of the other options, like saving to a folder on the computer, and that was ok. Anyone any suggestions as to the source of the problem?  I have tried uninstalling and installing again but the problem remains. After a while I get the message that Premiere Elements is not responding and I have to close down.

Many thanks

Ken

• 1. Re: when I click on burn to DVD it simply refuses to load the next page
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Ken

Are you doing a burn to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc or burn to ACVCD on DVD disc?

What is the video card/graphics card that your computer uses? And, what computer operating system are you using for your Premiere Elements 10?

Is your video card/graphics card on an automatic updating system?

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer, and are you running the programs as administrator?

Let us start here and then we can decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: when I click on burn to DVD it simply refuses to load the next page
            kenfull123 Level 1

Hi AT,

Thanks for your reply.  Very grateful.

I am running Windows 8.1 64-bit OS on a Lenovo Z500 Ideapad.

The Graphics card is Nvidia GeForce

My Quick time is on auto update so it should be the latest version, but not sure about the Graphics Card.

I am simply trying to burn a DVD on a Maxell -R.  When I get to the 6 options for sharing the completed  timeline movie, as soon as I press "burn DVD, Blu Ray and AVCHD disc" it will not load the next page showing the DVD burner etc. and then after a while it will say "Premiere Elements 10 is not responding" and so I need to close it down.

After many attempts last night I did go onto the "Export files for viewing on computer" section and then made a VLC movie out of it, and that was successful, but I need a DVD as I need to send copies out to people.

Many thanks,

Ken

• 3. Re: when I click on burn to DVD it simply refuses to load the next page
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Ken

Thanks for the reply with important information for troubleshooting.

There is a known serious problem with Premiere Elements 10 that is run on a computer using a NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card. The answer is not to assure that you have the latest driver version, but rather to roll back the driver version to about May 2013. So, we need to determine at the onset whether or not you are involved in that issue.

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2014/02/pe10-nvidia-video-card-roll-back.html

Often there is no answer if an old enough driver version is no longer available from NVIDIA. If your driver is on an automatic driver update schedule, you might want to search your computer for an older driver, vintage May 2013.

When you start a new project, is your project preset SD or HD. That might make a difference with the Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce matter.

Let us work through the above first, and then we can decide what next based the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: when I click on burn to DVD it simply refuses to load the next page
                kenfull123 Level 1

Hi A.T.

I have tried to find the release date for my GT635M version 327.62 but all I can find is the 327.23 which was released in 2013.

Would I simply go to the download area of Nvidia and download that version?

Yes I have done the project in HD as I filmed it on a Panasonic Full HD camera.

What I find challenging is the fact that in the last 15 months I have done 4 other films without any problem at all. Is it possible for a graphics card to suddenly go "funny"?

Thanks for all your help up to this point.

Kind regards,

Ken

• 5. Re: when I click on burn to DVD it simply refuses to load the next page
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Ken

Thanks for the reply.

It is possible that your video card/graphics card driver version is on a automatic update schedule? Updating the NVIDIA GeForce is going the wrong way for this particular Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce issue.

You can try the driver version that you found for the GT 635M (327.23) but I suspect it will not be old enough. But, try nonetheless, unless you can go to Device Manager/Display Adapters/NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M, Update Driver, select from drivers on computer, and find a driver there for it, but dated around May 2013.That 327.23 driver is dated around September 2013 as far as I can find out.

We will be watching for further developments as your schedule permits.

Thanks.

ATR