2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2015 5:13 PM by KoMaruyama

Create a Flashing idicator light for a map to be placed into a vid in premier pro 2015

globald92136681

Ok hi there new to AE have been tiring to create a simple thing or so i thought A flashing light with no background to place on a map in a video I am editing in premier pro 2015.

Call adobe support they said they would send a tutorial Not Yet never heard back.

Tried some vids and tutorial from You tube actually made a some flashing lights but all have a background or solid and that will not work fro what I am tiring to do.

Help Please

• 1. Re: Create a Flashing idicator light for a map to be placed into a vid in premier pro 2015
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

Really?  You called Adobe support and they said they'd send you a tutorial?   Usually those guys can find their posterior in the dark using both hands only on very good days.  I think  you're smoking something on that one.

What kind of flashing light?  One that rotates, like the ones on old cop cars?  Like the "12:00" that keeps flashing on your grandparents' old VCR?  Like a round LED that flashes on and off on your alarm clock?  Please elaborate.

• 2. Re: Create a Flashing idicator light for a map to be placed into a vid in premier pro 2015
            KoMaruyama Adobe Community Professional

I'd do that in After Effects (or even Photoshop), but in PremierePro here's how I might attempt it:

1. Make a colored solid (can use a black solid, then use the effect: Change to Color to make it the light hue of your choice)

2. Use an elliptical mask shape to make the light shape

3. Animate the Opacity Setting and trim to duration of a blink.

4. Use liberally in the timeline of this sequence: (copy paste ugh)

Premiere Pro is terrible for creating motion graphics, hence After Effects

I don't know if PremierePro even has a feature to easily allow you to loop the blink once you've created it.  (You could try TimeRemapping back and forth with keyframes, but that is equally painful)