3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2015 6:51 PM by A.T. Romano
      • 1. Re: Is Adobe Premiere Elements 13 compatible with Windows 10?
        A.T. Romano Level 7

Tomqer

Within the last 2 days, I installed Windows 10 on two computers...one was a Windows 7 Professional 64 bit (that gave me Windows 10 Pro 64 bit) and the other computer was a Windows 8.1 64 bit (that gave me Windows 10 Home 64 bit). Both computers had Premiere Elements 13/13.1 installed before the upgrade to Windows 10.  I did mini test runs on Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Windows 10 Home 64 bit involving burn to disc DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc and burn to AVCHD on DVD disc. Both worked without issue. I have several versions of Premiere Elements on these computers, and all survived the Windows 10 upgrade without me having to reinstall them or QuickTime. My general impression is that problems and successes with Premiere Elements will be the same before and after Windows 10.

I have started a Premiere Elements On Windows 10 Daily Discoveries blog which I plan to use to store information on the subject.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: Premiere Elements On Windows 10 Daily Discoveries

How are you planning to install Windows 10 - as a replacement for the existing Windows operating system or virtually so that you can have the 2 operating systems on the same computer?

Looking forward to learning of your progress as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Is Adobe Premiere Elements 13 compatible with Windows 10?
          Thomas VW Level 1

Hi ATR,

I installed Windows 10 on my PC through the free upgrade offer from Windows 7 Home. After that, I wiped my files/programs from Windows 7 from my hard drive to save space. In a nutshell, I installed Windows 10 as a REPLACEMENT.

-Thomas

• 3. Re: Is Adobe Premiere Elements 13 compatible with Windows 10?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Thomas

Thanks for the update. Glad to learn of your successful Windows 10 install. Great job.

I still did not get the reserved copy from Microsoft, so I am glad that I went ahead and used the online Microsoft Media Creation Tool to install Windows 10.

I did not remove any apps that were on the existing operating system when I replaced it with Windows 10 64 bit, and all apps seem to be working well before and after upgrade to Windows 10. Tonight I am experimenting with a deactivation and activation of Premiere Elements 13 on one of my two Windows 10 computers and an install of licensed version of Premiere Elements 13 on the other. So far, not glitches.

Please update us on your progress as your schedule permits.

Thanks.

ATR