1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 6, 2015 1:16 AM by Peter Spier

InDesign CS6 requiring me to sign in to Creative Cloud?!?

rachelb71667162 Level 1

I thought I would try the CC version of InDesign, didn't like it, and followed the steps provided by Adobe for removal of Creative Cloud.  I've updated to the 8.1 version of CS6.  I purchased the full software version of the CS6 suite and never did any subscription version of CS6. This is the ONLY APPLICATION in my full version of CS6 that is doing this.

The message I am getting says:

RENEW YOUR SUBSCRIPTION

Go to the Subscription Manager to renew your subscription for Creative Cloud and continue using your product uninterrupted.  If you have just renewed you subscription, please wait 15 minutes and try again.

Can someone please give me a new direction to go in to be able to use InDesign?

• 1. Re: InDesign CS6 requiring me to sign in to Creative Cloud?!?
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Getting back to your old perpetual license is a hassle. Try rebooting the computer, then go to Adobe.com and create a new Adobe ID that does not have any cloud applications associated with it and log in. With luck you can then go back to ID and from the Help menu choose activate and enter your serial number (if you don't have that written down, you're going to have to log onto Adobe.com with the ID that was used to register it the first time and you should find it in your account, where you can copy it before you do the above).

If that doesn't work, you'll probably need to run the cleaner tool (Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems) and then run the installer again, being sure to use the new ID that was not used with the cloud. The tool wipes out all your applications in the suite, so you'll be reinstalling, and then updating, all of them.