3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2015 8:29 PM by Qwertyfly...

Hello World - not working for 64bit illustrator

Qwertyfly... Level 4

Hi all,

I have been scripting illustrator for a few years now and would like to delve into Plugin/Extension creation.

so to get started I downloaded the SDK and worked my way through the HelloWorld example in the Getting Started with Adobe Illustrator CC 2015 Development.pdf.

The first thing I noticed is the "..\..\illustratorapi\adm;" does not exist in the SDK but I added it anyway as the getting started doc says to. does not seem to throw an error.

My real issue is that once compiled and saved to the plugin folder I get a popup when illustrator CC2015 starts saying:

Error Loading Plugin.

HelloWorld.aip

when I run illustrator CC (which is 32bit) I get the correct Hello World and Goodbye World as expected

I'm new to VisualStudio and C++, so was relying on some simple tutorials to get me started.

can anyone shed some light on what I need to do to get this running in the 64bit software?

and if anyone can point me at some good tutorials that will help me get a grasp of plugin creation, I would be very grateful.

I'm Using Win7 and VS2013

Here is the Build Output from VS2013:

1>------ Build started: Project: HelloWorld, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

1>  HelloWorld.cpp

1>  IAIUnicodeString.cpp

1>  Generating Code...

1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(1193,5): warning MSB8012: TargetPath(C:\Users\tristan\Documents\Adobe Scripts\Adobe SDK for CC 2015\Adobe Illustrator CC 2015 SDK\samplecode\HelloWorld\Debug\HelloWorld.dll) does not match the Linker's OutputFile property value (C:\Users\tristan\Documents\Adobe Scripts\Adobe SDK for CC 2015\Adobe Illustrator CC 2015 SDK\samplecode\output\win\debug\HelloWorld.aip). This may cause your project to build incorrectly. To correct this, please make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values match the value specified in %(Link.OutputFile).

1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(1194,5): warning MSB8012: TargetExt(.dll) does not match the Linker's OutputFile property value (.aip). This may cause your project to build incorrectly. To correct this, please make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values match the value specified in %(Link.OutputFile).

1>     Creating library C:\Users\tristan\Documents\Adobe Scripts\Adobe SDK for CC 2015\Adobe Illustrator CC 2015 SDK\samplecode\HelloWorld\Debug\HelloWorld.lib and object C:\Users\tristan\Documents\Adobe Scripts\Adobe SDK for CC 2015\Adobe Illustrator CC 2015 SDK\samplecode\HelloWorld\Debug\HelloWorld.exp

1>  HelloWorld.vcxproj -> C:\Users\tristan\Documents\Adobe Scripts\Adobe SDK for CC 2015\Adobe Illustrator CC 2015 SDK\samplecode\HelloWorld\Debug\HelloWorld.dll

========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Thanks in advance