5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2015 1:23 AM by Constant Production

Convert CC project to CS6 without having access to CC

Constant Production Level 1

I have a few CC project that I need to save down to CS6, but I don't have access to CC 2014, 2013 or 2012 so is there any type of converter online or free software that can do this? Everything I find only shows how to export it from AE CC. I only have the project files.

• 1. Re: Convert CC project to CS6 without having access to CC
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

No, there is no converter. Someone who has CC might be abel and willing to convert it for you.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Convert CC project to CS6 without having access to CC

Would be nice if Adobe could incorporate an online tool on this site to be able to convert projects, seems like a strange thing that I need every after effects available to be able to downconvert. Because I might find a CC2014 or CC2015, but who came up with us needing the use of both that and an entire line of CCs (2012, 2013 and 2014) in order to get all the way back to CS6. Why not just have an option to save to a previous version in CC2015? So that I can save directly to CS6? Finding someone with all AE's installed is a bit hard I think.

• 3. Re: Convert CC project to CS6 without having access to CC
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you have a perpetual license for CS6 or a machine that won't run later versions then you have to ask for help. If you have a CC Subscription you have access to all apps from CS6 forward that will run on your system at no additional cost.

• 4. Re: Convert CC project to CS6 without having access to CC
                Dave LaRonde Level 6

Constant Production wrote:

Would be nice if Adobe could incorporate an online tool on this site to be able to convert projects, seems like a strange thing that I need every after effects available to be able to downconvert. Because I might find a CC2014 or CC2015, but who came up with us needing the use of both that and an entire line of CCs (2012, 2013 and 2014) in order to get all the way back to CS6. Why not just have an option to save to a previous version in CC2015? So that I can save directly to CS6? Finding someone with all AE's installed is a bit hard I think.

If Adobe had such a thing for free, you would never need Creative Cloud.  Adobe WANTS you to need Creative Cloud.  What do you think Adobe is, anyway... a charity?  Do you think they have your best interests in mind, or THEIRS?

• 5. Re: Convert CC project to CS6 without having access to CC

Probably, but that isn't a problem for Avid which work real hard on having compability to open projects both backwards and forwards and it's been a life saver on many projects.

Yes, I have creative cloud, but I'm working on a computer at my other work where it's most of the time public when I'm not sitting here. Can I install creative cloud and have it not use my cloud drive and such, just enable AE when I log in?