9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2015 4:05 PM by simonsaith

Lightroom CC 2015.1.1 Unusable

RichardCSH Level 1

I am (trying) to use Lightroom CC 2015.1.1 on a Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit m/c (I7 3770K no overclock, 32gb, Radeon HD 6950 (15.7 drivers) , system drive = SSD. LR cache on another SSD.)

The initial install of CC 2015 was awful, very unstable and very slow. I am thankful that I only updated one catalog at that time. The update was not much better, but did encourage me to update a couple more catalogs. It was very greedy for cpu and memory, and far slower than 5.7.1. The latest release (2015.1.1) is completely unusable. The software is slower than anything I can recall ever using, and flakier than puff pastry. This is the worst software that I have ever paid to use.

I have tried GPU on and off, no real difference in usability. Deleting and rebuilding preferences didn't help, apart from allowing it to start up at all after the last crash. Switching off the secondary display helps a bit, but how usable is that?

Next up is to revert to an earlier version? Uninstall and reinstall? Can I get CC 2014 back? How do I do that with an updated catalog? When are Adobe going to release a stable build?

Desperately Richard