10 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2015 7:32 PM by A.T. Romano

Install Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 10?

TheInnerRevolution Level 1

I have Elements 13 installed on two computers, both of which I will no longer be using because I've run out of space on my C drive. I just bought a new Windows 10 computer just for video editing, and I don't see the opportunity to download the program again. I contacted tech support, and they said I couldn't download it because I have Windows 10. Is that true? Has anyone else run into this problem? I followed all the directions, and when I see the item in my Adobe account, it shows the key code, but there's no download link. Help!

• 1. Re: Install Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 10?
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

no, that's not true.  you can always download it.

it's possible you'll have trouble installing but i doubt that and, even if it were true, you could still use compatibility mode to install.

Downloadable installation files available:

Download and installation help for Adobe links

Download and installation help for Prodesigntools links are listed on most linked pages.  They are critical; especially steps 1, 2 and 3.  If you click a link that does not have those steps listed, open a second window using the Lightroom 3 link to see those 'Important Instructions'.

window using the Lightroom 3 link to see those 'Important Instructions'.

• 2. Re: Install Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 10?
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You do, of course, need to DE-activate on at one of your existing computers before you will be allowed to activate on your new computer

• 3. Re: Install Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 10?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

ThelnnerRevolution

What are the editions of the Windows operating systems on the two computers that you will no be using.

Can I assume Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit? No 32 bit operating systems? If so,

For each of those two computers, open Premiere Elements 13 to Expert workspace Help Menu/ and click on Sign Out. That action deactivates the program. At that point, you can leave the program on the computer or uninstall it using the usual Control Panel route. Adobe allows you to install the purchased activated serial numbers on no more than 2 of your computers. Now, when you install Premiere Elements 13 on your new Windows 10 computer, you will be starting with purchased installed activated serial number 1 of your 2 allowed.

When you purchase Premiere Elements as a download from Adobe, typically the download is specific to the operating system to which it was downloaded. So, it is not obvious to me why your specific purchased product cannot be downloaded to Window 10. Within the next few hours, using Windows 10, I will download the installation files from Adobe Other Downloads  Other downloads

in order to verify that it a viable route to the Premiere Elements 13 install on Windows 10.

To be continued

ATR

• 4. Re: Install Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 10?

Thank you, all, and especially ATR, who helped me know how to de-activate. It's so frustrating when tech support gives you the wrong answer. I kept asking him if it might be because I hadn't deactivated it yet. As it happens, with Photoshop CC, I was able to deactivate the other versions when downloading this one, and my computer on which the first copy was installed was not successfully connected to the internet. But I finally solved the internet problem and was able to use your suggestion and, voila, I have the program. Can I throw the two Adobe PE files now sitting on my desktop? I assume I can because it's installed.

I'm going back to thank each one who wrote. Thank God for the forum!

• 5. Re: Install Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 10?

Thanks so much. See post number 4.

• 6. Re: Install Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 10?

Thank you so much. See full reply at post 4.

• 7. Re: Install Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 10?
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

ThelnnerRevolution

I just completed a successful download and install of Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

I used the Adobe Other Downloads link Other downloads to obtain the version 13 installation files. In this case, this link is better choice - quicker and easier, and in this route there is only one file to download and use and into which to insert your purchased serial number when it is ask for in the installation process.

Premiere Elements_13_Trial_LS26_win64.exe.

After the download, you double click this file which is referred to as Adobe Extractor to begin the process of extraction, followed by the installation of the program itself.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: Install Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 10?

I went around the long way on the first computer, but it's in. But I really appreciate your suggestion. When I get ready to install it on my next computer, I will definitely refer to this. Thanks so much!

• 9. Re: Install Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 10?
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

ThelnnerRevolution

Thanks for your replies. Sounds like major progress. Great job.

I did not see your post 4 until I had posted 7. Not sure what files are on the desktop of those 2 computers which are not going to be used anymore

if installation files, yes they can go unless you want to store them for possible need if an uninstall reinstall is ever needed

if miscellaneous, folders and files, then in each of the two computers not to be used again, I would uninstall the deactivated program.

If you downloaded and installed from the installation files that kglad suggested, then you might be referring to the .exe and .7z files that you needed to download to your computer desktop for the Premiere Elements 13 install. They are installation files. Now that the program is installed, as you mentioned, you can get rid of them or put them in a safe place just in case.

Above all, if you have not already, put the purchased serial number in a safe place. You should be able to recover it at "My Products" at the Adobe web site, but.....

Best wishes...any questions or need clarification about your Premiere Elements workflows, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 10. Re: Install Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 10?
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

ThelnnerRevolution

I think that I am out of sync with the replies. I just saw your post 8.

Now that you have the installation files, it would probably be a time saver to use them after you transfer them to a second computer.

With this matter of Adobe allowing you to use the purchased activated serial number on no more than two of your computers, Adobe License does go on to say not to use the two at the same time.

Best wishes with your new computer, your video opportunities, and your video presentations.

ATR