Can you let us know the following info:
- What version of Draw are you using?
- Were you entirely offline during your road trip?
- When you noticed your drawings back to the way they were three days ago, were you back online?
- Did the app ask you to sign in again when you came back online?
Thank you for your help:
I am using version 2.1
I was offline during my road trip.
I was back online at home when I noticed my drawing were back to the way they were 3 days ago.
Yes, I recall signing back in when I was back home onto Creative Cloud on my iPad.
Still trying to track down the root of this issue. Some more questions if you don't mind:
- If you sign into assets.adobe.com on a web browser, are the projects you see in the browser consistent with what you see on your iPad?
- Is your iPad low on disk space (i.e. less than 1GB remaining)?
Thank you Frank,
What I see on assets.adobe.com is consistent with my iPad.
My iPad is actually low on disk space. I also recall clearing out some space on my road trip as I was working on my projects.
Did you manage to get this sorted? I have a similar issue happening and a huge project of mine has seemingly been erased!!
jayreavy Can you let us know the following info?
- What version of Draw are you using?
- What version of iOS are you using?
- What is the device you are running on? (Eg. iPad 2, iPad Mini, iPad Air, iPhone 6, etc.)
- Was your device low on disk space at the time it happened? How much free space is on the device right now?
- When launching the app, did the app unexpectedly ask you to sign in again? Were all the tooltips also reset?
- If you sign into assets.adobe.com on a web browser, is the project visible under the Adobe Draw section?
- If the answer to 6 is yes, then if you let the device run with Draw in the foreground for a little while, does your project eventually sync back down?
1. Version of Draw: 2.1.1
2. iOS: 8.4
3. I am running on an iPad Air
4. I'm not 100% sure about disk space. It may have been low. Having checked now, It is showing as 4.8 GB available.
5. The app DID unexpectedly ask me to sign-in again. I had just upgraded the app via the app store. When launching the app I was prompted with a log-in screen. I had to reset my password as I had forgotten my old one. After re-setting, I re-launched the app. Again I was prompted to sign-in and did so with my new password. It signed in fine but my projects were gone. Curiously, a very old project is present. This project was deleted a long time ago.
The tooltips have not been reset.
6. The only project visible when logged into assets.adobe.com is the very old project that I deleted a long time ago. My most current project is still missing.
All fixed! Thank you so much to the support team. Extremely helpful!
That is great news, I would like mine to be resolved! My projects are still gone.
Ineedyouradobehelp588 We are still trying to understand the cause of the issue. All signs seem to point to something causing a wipe of the local data associated with the app. We still don't know whether this is related to having low disk space on the iPad, or if we are triggering a bug in the OS. We do know that this issue does not affect the data that was already backed up to the cloud. It only affects changes made since the last backup.
If your projects reverted to the way they were at that last backup, we unfortunately will not have a way of recovering the changes made since then. One hope may be if you had backed up your iPad to your desktop thru iTunes while you were offline. Then, it may be possible to recover them thru iTunes.
We are still trying to find the root cause and are trying to reproduce the issue in-house.
i drew my first project and after 5 days not open it, it gone. And i started the second one, but when i work on it, the app stopped and i found nothing at 'my project' can some one help me? can i have my draws back?
I'm really sorry. I have a few questions:
What device, what mobile operating system, and what version of that operating system are you using?
What version of Draw are you using?
When you first signed up for an Adobe ID (it's not possible to use Draw without one), did you receive an email with a confirmation link? Did you confirm it by clicking on that link?
Please let me know so I can try to help.
This just happened to me and it is very frustrating. A drawing I have been working on for a very long time all of a sudden disappeared and reverted to a blank canvas upon opening the app. I did not delete it and it cant be found in my creative cloud assets. It did not ask me to sign back into my creative cloud account, and only deleted one specific drawing from one of my projects. Is there a way to restore it?
App Version: 3.4.90514 (64-bit)
OS Version: 9.3.5
Device Model: iPad Pro (iPad6,7)
User Memory: 3442 MB
Total Memory: 3981 MB
Free Disk Space: 5392 MB
Total Disk Space: 27056 MB
I just responded to your email through the in-app feedback. Write me back there because I may need some additional account information from you.
Hi!! I had the same problem as Jason. Only one of my drawings reverted to a blank page and i didn't have to sign back in or anything, if you can help me you'll save my life!! Thanks!!
I'm sorry about the blank canvas... I have a few questions:
What device and version of its operating system are you on?
What version of Draw are you using?
You can, if it's easier, write to me through the in-app feedback; if you do that, all of the app/device information will auto-fill into the email.
Also a couple more questions:
Do you use the app on more than one device?
All your other work is still there, right? It's just the one drawing that's missing?
Is the project missing completely? Sometimes when the app closes abruptly the thumbnails of the drawings will show blank, but once clicked and opened, the drawing is still there. Have you tried clicking into it.
Please let me know what you find.
Was working on my drawing and now it's gone. 10 hours of work Checked online and don't see it there
- What version of Draw are you using? 3.392
- Were you entirely offline? I was online and offline. I didn't know that offline work could interfere?
- When you noticed your drawings back to the way they were three days ago, were you back online? Still completely missing
- Did the app ask you to sign in again when you came back online? I was not asked to sign in to the app when I launched it.
I just responded to your in-app feedback.
This happened to me today. Adobe draw on my ipad had me sign back in today. When I did, all of my drawings were gone. I also had to sign into Adobe comp and all my files were in tact... I looked on creative cloud on my ipad and the files are there in the mobile app. What is going on? I rebooted my ipad, and closed and opened and checked that the adobe draw was updated. My ipad has the latest iOS updates. PLEASE HELP!
I'm sorry. I know this is upsetting.
Am I understanding you correctly? Can you see your Draw work when you sign in with your Adobe ID to http://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw?
No... I just looked and now they are all gone. Months and months of work... gone.
Is there any way you have another Adobe account? Very often when ALL of someone's work is missing they've signed back into the app with a different Adobe ID than they were signed in with when they created the work.
Have you ever used another email address for an Adobe product?
Do you by any chance have a work account and a personal account?
If you have a Creative Cloud subscription did you ever use another email address for an unpaid account?
Do you have any other Adobe apps on this same device that could have automatically logged you in with a different account?
Or, did you use the social sign on (G+ or Facebook) feature to log-in to the app?
Yes this could be the case... its an outside chance, but possible. I don’t
even know if the other adobe id we used to use is still active, and I have
no idea what the password is. Is there a way to get that app data and move
it to my current adobe id?
PS: Also: We are a school and I was wondering about changing to a school
id. Would we lose all of our work again if we changed types of account?
On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 1:00 PM Sue Garibaldi <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Great. That's good news. A couple of things:
* It's okay if you've forgotten the password. That can be reset. As long as you still have access to the email account it should be pretty easy to change. (If you don't have access to that email address, you may have to get Adobe Customer Care to help you change it to an email address you do have access to.)
* Once you get into that account, yes, it's pretty easy to move all your drawings. It takes a bit of time but it's not a difficult process.
* Do you still have access to the email address you might have used? If you do, I can give you the steps to reset the password. If not, I can give you the contact information for the Customer Care team.
School/enterprise accounts can't behave a bit differently than individual accounts because not all schools want work stored in the cloud. So if that were the case it could be a bit problematic. BUT as long as your work is synced to a Creative Cloud account somewhere, it's pretty darn safe.