8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2015 9:55 AM by julieg28493118

When I try to add Audio to my video, the program just shuts down!

julieg28493118

I can edit my videos just fine, but every single time I try to add audio-sounds to my video, the program shuts down. Can anybody help me fix it?

• 1. Re: When I try to add Audio to my video, the program just shuts down!
          A.T. Romano Level 7

julieg

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

Please confirm that you are in the Premiere Elements Editor and not the Elements Organizer.

What are the properties of the audio-sounds involved and were do they come from? Is there any possibility of copy protected files?

And where are you placing these audio-sounds - if in Editor, if Expert workspace - Soundtrack or numbered audio track, and if Quick workspace - where?

Is this a "it worked before but not now" or "it worked before" issue? Does the problem exist if

a. you start a new project

b. you start a new project with new source audio

c. you remain in the current project and use another source audio?

Let us start here, and then decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: When I try to add Audio to my video, the program just shuts down!
            julieg28493118 Level 1

A.T Romano

It´s Premiere elements 13, and i´m in the premiere elements editor.

The audio I use are the ones that I can pic out from the audio-selection in the Premiere elements program, so they should be safe.

In quick workspace I place the audio on the second line underneath the video-timeline, where it says: Drag audio here, so that should be correct.

No, it has never worked, the program shut down every time I tried since the first time i´ve tried.

a. I did try to start a new project just now, and it did work on the new project.

b. Yes.

C. No.

Ok, so it worked when I started a new project, but does this mean I have to edit the video all over again in a new project? If so, do you know if there is anything I can do to prevent this problem from accruing again? It took me a long time to edit the video, so I don´t want something like this to happen again.

• 3. Re: When I try to add Audio to my video, the program just shuts down!
              A.T. Romano Level 7

julieg

Thanks for the follow up and the good news that the issue was gone in the new project.

Let us see if we can avoiding that moving forward

When did the project crash

a. when you clicked one of the three in the sequence of Audio Tab/Music Score/choice

b. when you clicked on the specific choice and dragged it to the audio bar in the Quick workspace

c. after you dragged the music score to the audio bar and when one of the four were in process: Generating, Conforming, or Score Properties, and clicking Done to the Score Properties?

When you clicked on your choice in the beginning, was there a blue band at the top right of the choice's thumbnail?

Were you working with the Auto Save feature on? See Edit Menu/Preferences/AutoSave

Please see Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Saving and backing up projects

We will talk about this some more in the morning morning.

ATR

• 4. Re: When I try to add Audio to my video, the program just shuts down!
                julieg28493118 Level 1

A.T. Romano

a. No.

b. No.

c. No.

I chose the ones without the blue bands, so I guess No on that as well.

I don´t belive the Auto save was on no.

J. G

• 5. Re: When I try to add Audio to my video, the program just shuts down!
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

J.G

Thanks for the reply.

With regard to my question

When did the project crash

a. when you clicked one of the three in the sequence of Audio Tab/Music Score/choice

b. when you clicked on the specific choice and dragged it to the audio bar in the Quick workspace

c. after you dragged the music score to the audio bar and when one of the four were in process: Generating, Conforming, or Score Properties, and clicking Done to the Score Properties?

and your reply of all no, then when, at what point, did the project crash. Just trying to narrow down the time frame for this to give best possible reply on how to avoid this happening again.

Did you have time to explore the AutoSave feature as a safety net for project that might crash after you have done important edits?

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: When I try to add Audio to my video, the program just shuts down!
                    julieg28493118 Level 1

A.T. Romano

The program crashed when after I placed the audio on the audio timeline. And it's when I edit the audio the program crashes.

Yes, I've turned auto save on now.

J. G.

• 7. Re: When I try to add Audio to my video, the program just shuts down!
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

J.G.

Thanks for the additional information.

At this time, you appear to have the audio issue resolved by going to new project.

We may never know what triggered the original problem, but now we have its origin in the attempted edits of the Music Score/Sound Effect after it was on the Timeline or (Quick) audio bar. If it happens again (hope not), please note the type of edit you were going for (volume, duration, relocation, etc) as well as specific sound or Music Score selected so that we can get closer to whys.

Best wishes

ATR

• 8. Re: When I try to add Audio to my video, the program just shuts down!
                        julieg28493118 Level 1

A.T. Romano

Ok, thank you for your help!

J. G