4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2015 12:02 AM by hubbas

Reload scripts folder without restarting Photoshop

hubbas

Hi,

Can't find any information about this. I have a symbolic link from the scripts folder to a git repo. I want to reload new scripts that have been pulled into folder without closing Photoshop.

I have tried app.refresh() and

function refresh () {

var desc = new ActionDescriptor();

desc.putEnumerated(charIDToTypeID("Stte"), charIDToTypeID("Stte"), charIDToTypeID("RdCm"));

executeAction(charIDToTypeID("Wait"), desc, DialogModes.NO);

}

But neither does work.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Reload scripts folder without restarting Photoshop
          DBarranca Level 4

Hi,

I'm not sure it can be done (would be interesting, though): as far as I know the /Presets/Scripts folder is checked only when PS boots since its content is used to populate those menus which are controlled by <javascriptresource> tags (Filter, Script > Automate, etc).

I've never heard about the possibility to refresh them - let's see if others can help.

Regards

Davide

---

www.davidebarranca.com

www.cs-extensions.com

• 2. Re: Reload scripts folder without restarting Photoshop
            JJMack Most Valuable Participant

I believe Photoshop scan all script during Photoshop start up build a list of script names for its menu Fils>Scripts>Script Name. That it also registes plug-in scripts and populates its about plug-in and script help info as Photoshop start up. I also link Photoshop Preset\Scripts folder to my photoshop script tree.   So I do not think any new script names can be put into Photoshop menu File>Script>Script Names while Photoshop is UP.   I edit Script in the list and test them all the time when Poptoshop is up and running.  New scripts I develop in my tree to test them while Photoshop is up. I drop them on Photoshop from Windows File explorer.   The next time I start Photoshop the new script I have added into my Photoshop Scripts tree will be in Photoshop's  Script list.    

• 3. Re: Reload scripts folder without restarting Photoshop
              xbytor2 Level 4

I only add script plugins to the Preset/Scripts folder. Everything else is in it's own CVS managed folder and accessed via an Action in an Action Set. Although not a straightforward process, you can generate an XML file for a folder of scripts, convert the XML file to a .atn file, and load the .atn file into PS.

• 4. Re: Reload scripts folder without restarting Photoshop
                hubbas Level 1

I guess this is the closest you can get to reload scripts in Photoshop. Thanks!