4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2015 2:26 AM by O20O

Adobe Premiere Elements 9 Crashes when adding Disc Menu

O20O Level 1

Hi, I have installed Adobe Premiere Elements 9 on the Mac, using Mac OSX Mavericks, When I add menu's to the project, the whole program crashes.

Do you know if there is a fix for Adobe Premiere Elements 9 so that I can use the Disc Menus on OSX Mavericks without it crashing?

I have updated the software to 9.0.1 and also installed the complete set of Disc Menus from the DVD.

Many thanks

Oliver

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 Crashes when adding Disc Menu
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Oliver

Are you running Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 Mac as administrator.

Where is the crash triggered - when you select a particular disc menu theme or just by clicking on Disc Menu Header or other?

Have you used this Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 Mac before?

Let us start here and then decide what next based on the details in your reply. Depending on how troubleshooting moves on, you might consider creating a new user account with administrative privileges and installing and trying to use Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 there. If you were using Windows, my first suggestion would be to right click the Premiere Elements desktop icon and select and apply Run As Administrator. I am not a Mac user and do not know if there is a Mac counterpart to Windows Run As Administrator.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 Crashes when adding Disc Menu
            O20O Level 1

Hi, Premiere Elements is running as the Administrator, I have tried other possible hinderances such as resetting preferences etc.. permissions etc.. but it doesn't make any difference.

The Disc Menu's all cause the program to crash, I have tried re-installing the program and also the Disc Menu's but neither of these make any difference either.

Thanks

Oliver

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 Crashes when adding Disc Menu
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Oliver

Please offer...

Where is the crash triggered - when you select a particular disc menu theme and hit apply or just by clicking on Disc Menu Header or other?

Have you used this Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 Mac before? In other words, is this a "it worked before but not now issue"?

And now also...

What is the size of the project when you go to the Disc Menu section of the project to apply the menus?

Did the etc in your list of troubleshooting include Mac updating?

If all else fails, please consider

a. Deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file (it is my understanding that it is probably found in Mac - Libraries/Users/Application Support/Adobe/Premiere Elements/9.0.

a. creating a new user account with administrative privileges and installing and trying to run the program there.

b. uninstall, free ccleaner run through Piriform - CCleaner Mac, and reinstall (if applicable, with antivirus and firewalls disabled)

For reinstall consider installation files from

Other downloads

or

Photoshop Elements 9 / Premiere Elements 9 Direct Download Links | ProDesignTools

and insert your purchased serial number in them during installation.

Please consider. Based on your report, we can then plan what next if necessary.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 Crashes when adding Disc Menu
                O20O Level 1

Hi

The Adobe Premiere Elements 9 Problem with running on a Mac seems to be that the program crashes when you add a Disc Menu to the project, when you either drag the Disc Menu or click Apply on one of the Disc Menu's, the program crashes and shows a message saying that there has been a serious error and the program has quit.

I haven't used Adobe Premiere Elements 9 on a Mac before, it has only just been installed. I have tried re-installing, deleting preferences and also making new user accounts.

The problem happens even if adding a Disc Menu to a new project.

I have also updated the Mac software. Nothing seems to be able to stop the 'Serious Error' that appears when you add a Disc Menu.

Thanks

Oliver