1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 7, 2015 8:21 AM by Peter Grainge

Is there anyways to isolate changed files after generation? RH HTML 11

Patrick Young

I'm using RoboHelp HTML11.

I've been looking for a way to isolate changed files from a generated project

The team currently sends everything, old & new, to the server guys in a zip file. The server guys have asked us to send them only new files repeatedly.

My current fix is to publish to a local directory, which is preserved, and use excel Macros to take any files newer than a timestamp (which I set just before generation). Then it's zipped and sent off as before.

Can't publish directly to the server. Don't have the permissions, and can't get them . Policy reasons as I understand it.

Is there a better way to do this?

I'll probably be switching to a shell script if robohelp can't do it on it's own.

• 1. Re: Is there anyways to isolate changed files after generation? RH HTML 11
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional

RoboHelp gives you the option to publish to the server direct with only changed files being uploaded but you are able to use that.

The problem is that it is not just topics that need to be uploaded. Many supporting files in the output change each time you generate and they too need to be uploaded. If you only upload the changed topics the help might appear to work at first glance but searches and so on will not have been updated.

Because Rh has provided the ability to upload only what has changed and it is your company policy that blocks that, I think you will have to continue with the home brewed solutions.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge