• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I Can't Delete My PDF Files

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I installed Windows 10 (clean install) and installed the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader DC I can't delete my .pdf files. I can delete any other file but not .pdf files. I keep getting the message that it is open in another program when it's not. I have restarted my PC and even shutdown. When I uninstalled Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, I was then allowed to delete my .pdf files. I just recently installed it again and can confirm the issue still exist.

Apparently it doesn't matter what version of Adobe Reader I install. I went with Adobe Reader instead of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and I still can't delete any .pdf files. Is it just a compatibility issue with Windows 10? The application works just fine for viewing .pdf files, but I can't delete any out of my folders. I have to use a program called Unlocker to delete them, and even though that's a work around it's inconvenient. I could always set Chrome as my default viewer for my .pdf files. That works and allows me to delete them, but it won't let me preview my .pdf files in the folders pane off to the right so I can know which .pdf I'm looking at if Chrome is set to my default app.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

I figured out the bug!

Apparently this bug has been around at lest since Windows 7. If you have the Preview Pane open in your window when viewing files or folders and try to delete a .pdf file, it will not allow you. It says you have this open in another program. Apparently that other "program" is it being viewed in the Preview Pane. I find it silly. I guess Miscrosoft Windows takes it literally. This is new to me though. I was always able to delete .pdf files even when I had this Preview Pane op

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out the bug!

Apparently this bug has been around at lest since Windows 7. If you have the Preview Pane open in your window when viewing files or folders and try to delete a .pdf file, it will not allow you. It says you have this open in another program. Apparently that other "program" is it being viewed in the Preview Pane. I find it silly. I guess Miscrosoft Windows takes it literally. This is new to me though. I was always able to delete .pdf files even when I had this Preview Pane open. I guess it's a minor thing to give up if it only happens for .pdf files. So just make sure you close the Preview Pane when trying to delete .pdf files. It doesn't matter if it's open or not if deleting other files though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

what preview pane?

the only thing that's open is explorer. I never use the preview pane.

I try to delete/move/rename a PDF and it does not let me 

"open in another program"

There is no previe pane open!

However - I found out that Adobe Collaboration Syncronizer has something to do with it...???

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines