12 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2015 2:49 PM by A.T. Romano

Possible to add own/3rd party Audio onto the Audio preset?

dchi62808506

Is it possible to add your own .wav or mp3 files directly into Adobe Premiere folder where the the audio effects are?

I'd like to have it loaded onto the program directly instead of adding them onto my media folder so I KNOW what I'm working with. (For example having the sounds I created/downloaded when I click on the Audio at the bottom of the program and have them as an option)

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Possible to add own/3rd party Audio onto the Audio preset?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

dchi

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

Are you working in the Timeline or Sceneline workspace if Premiere Elements 10 and earlier or Expert or Quick in Premiere Elements 11 or later?

ATR

• 2. Re: Possible to add own/3rd party Audio onto the Audio preset?
            dchi62808506 Level 1

Premiere Elements 13, on Windows 7. Doing it in Expert mode.

• 3. Re: Possible to add own/3rd party Audio onto the Audio preset?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

dchi

I have thought about your question since last night when I first saw it and have experimented with various approaches to what I think you want to do - have certain audio files accessible under a workspace button instead of using Add Menu/Files and Folders..

I can get user audio to appear under the Music Tab in Premiere Element 11, but not in its counterpart Audio Tab in Premiere Elements 13/13.1. I have not found a way to do this in Premiere Elements 13/13.1.

But, I think that I have an idea which may not be what you envisioned but has the essentials of what I think might work for you.

1. Open the Elements Organizer 13/13.1 and import your own wav files there. Create albums and organize your music in those Albums. Exit from there.

2. When you open a new Premiere Elements project, use Add Media/Elements Organizer, go to your album(s) and select your audio for import into the project.

I will think about this some more, but the above is where I am at on this right now.

ATR

• 4. Re: Possible to add own/3rd party Audio onto the Audio preset?
                dchi62808506 Level 1

Thanks for the help. That seems like a workaround if it's truly impossible to edit the Adobe files directly to add it onto the program. I have a lot of sounds and it would be much easier to have it pre-loaded onto the program instead of reloading them onto a project every single time.

• 5. Re: Possible to add own/3rd party Audio onto the Audio preset?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

dchi

I have tried all sorts of maneuvers to get user soundtracks and sound effects to appear under the Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Audio Tab. But, I do not give up easily and am continuing to find a way. The Elements Organizer route seemed the path of least resistance and seemed the preferred route to keep things ordered.

What is your target - getting in Sound Effects, Soundtracks, or both?

ATR

• 6. Re: Possible to add own/3rd party Audio onto the Audio preset?
                    dchi62808506 Level 1

I'd like to be able to separate the sound effects & soundtracks, but for now I have more sound effects than tracks, the immediate goal is to have these files on the sound effects category.

• 7. Re: Possible to add own/3rd party Audio onto the Audio preset?
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

dchi

I just found the Premiere Elements way to do this.... further exploration and experiments pointed to the keys to success this evening. Under the Audio Tab, you will have your user sounds in categories and keep the Adobe ones as well.

I need to write up the details.

Either I will have the instructions ready within the next few hours, or I will post them in the morning. It is about 11 pm Saturday where I am.

To be continued...

ATR

• 8. Re: Possible to add own/3rd party Audio onto the Audio preset?
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

dchi

Here is the suggested how to for adding user sounds to appear under Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Windows Audio Tab/Sound Effects.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 13/13.1: Adding User Sounds Under Audio Tab

I will proof read it again in the morning morning. Looking forward to see if this how to works for you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 9. Re: Possible to add own/3rd party Audio onto the Audio preset?
                          dchi62808506 Level 1

IT WORKS!

Thank you so much ATR!

Some notes/tips.

Preview only works if your sound file is in WAV format.

MP3 format would show up in the Audio tab, but it would not preview. MP3 would also work when you drag it onto your video.

Must have a "folder within a folder" or else it won't show up. If you're working with a bunch of sounds like 'Bullet sounds', make 1 primary folder and then the 2nd inside with all the sound files.

• 10. Re: Possible to add own/3rd party Audio onto the Audio preset?
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

dchi

Great news. Thanks for exploring the suggestion and having it work for you. Well done.

So far, the .wav and .mp3 files are adding and presenting identically in an opened project. In the audio files that I have tested so far there are no problems previewing the added mp3 as well as wav sound file in the opened Audio Tab/Sound Effects/created subcategory/ before dragging it into an audio track. But, I prefer the wav choice.

soundeffectpreview.jpg

So, please review your findings on this so that we can try to identify where you are not getting previews for the .mp3 file source in Sound Effects previewing.

I will try some more .mp3 files in these additions in order to determine if my findings continue to be consistent from file to file. Most of the work on this was done with Premiere Elements on Windows 7 64 bit, but I did cross check it on Windows 10 and got the same outcome for both.

Just to make sure we are in sync, on the folders/files in Program Files...if we use your example of

If you're working with a bunch of sounds like 'Bullet sounds', make 1 primary folder and then the 2nd inside with all the sound files.

All_Lang Folder

Bullet Sounds Folder

and in the Bullet Sound Folder

• Bullet Sound1 Folder containing the bullet sound1_prv.wav and txt file
                            • Bullet Sound2 Folder containing the bullet sound2_prv.wav and txt file
                            • Bullet Sound 3 Folder containing the bullet sound3_prv.wav and txt file
                            • and so on

BulletFolders.JPG

That has worked for me. Are we OK on that?

Thanks.

ATR

• 11. Re: Possible to add own/3rd party Audio onto the Audio preset?
                              dchi62808506 Level 1

Ah, I forgot to add the .xml file to the mp3 I was testing, works now with it.

Definitely okay on everything now.

Thank you so much for the help!

Note:

Tested out a variation on how to add the soundfiles, but only seems to only work well with WAV by doing a "shortcut".

Don't need to have the .xml file in every folder and don't need a separate folder for each individual sound. (Especially if you have A LOT of sounds and you don't want to create individual folders per sound.) But again, only works for WAV.

First folder.

Capture.JPG

Second folder inside

Capture1.JPG

Files inside

Capture3.JPG

• 12. Re: Possible to add own/3rd party Audio onto the Audio preset?
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

dchi

Thanks for the update.

I will look into your file placement strategy. I had not explored that variation.

The original Adobe strategy did not appear to use your plan.

Best wishes

ATR