2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2006 4:43 PM by pubchum

POP UP WINDOW to carry a poster image

nutscreative
      Hi all,

i am working on a flash banner ad. and i would like audience to view a poster in a new pop up window when they click specific button, just wonder if the script involved java? my poster format is jpeg. What will be the script for a new pop up window with scroll bar (cos my poster is 800X1200pixel), appreciated anyone would give me some idea. Many thanks.
        • 1. Re: POP UP WINDOW to carry a poster image
          Level 7
          Don't post same message to multiple forums. It's consider spamming
          Post to one forum and stick to it.

Go to http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/guidelines.html
          and read the posting guidelines.
          The very first in the Don't Section:

Don't cross-post or double-post. Posting a message to more than one forum (i.e "cross-posting" is
          unnecessary, and creates extra traffic for you and others to read through. If you've already posted
          a question, please don't repeat your posts in order to get more attention- this makes it very
          difficult for others to see if and/or where your question was answered.

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>
          • 2. Re: POP UP WINDOW to carry a poster image
            pubchum
            it does require java if you want to do it INSIDE flash. BUT, if you have Dreamweaver you can give the button "behaviors". It's very easy.

Make the button link to the page that it lives on (it doesn't seem right, but keep reading)
            Hightlight the button and open the behaviors panel from "Windows" or just open it (it's on the rt side)
            click the plus sign - open new window
            you then link to the banner you want to display in the window and select the desired demensions.