5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2015 10:21 AM by A.T. Romano

Premier Elements Win 7 Installation errors:  network resource that is unavailable / ...Has stopped working at boot

firedeva

Began install of Adobe Premier Elements 13.  Half way through the install I got error:

"the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable" and the install gave dialog asking me to locate:

vc_red.msi which I was not able to do.  I clicked cancel and despite early termination, Elements ran with no error yet.

Then when I rebooted computer after install, I got another error, an EXE file name consisting of a long number, followed by

"At Windows Boot: , "...Has stopped working"  error, details here and in image attached."

I think the EXE with long number file name was the same one that Elements wanted to find at install but could not.

The details were:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: YVJU5E4S3SCYGA00YLM1GNWD2RVCOGXB

Problem Signature 02: 3.2.3.34

Problem Signature 03: 55c5abdb

Problem Signature 04: mscorlib

Problem Signature 05: 4.0.30319.34209

Problem Signature 06: 534894cc

Problem Signature 07: 61b4

Problem Signature 08: 6

Problem Signature 09: UDTA330IDOBH2ROZ2AYVLCELAG5AGTLS

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

• 1. Re: Premier Elements Win 7 Installation errors:  network resource that is unavailable / ...Has stopped working at boot
          A.T. Romano Level 7

firedeva

What are you using to install your Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 7 (assumed 64 bit) - installation files or installation disc?

Are you doing this,

a. with a working Internet connection?

b. with antivirus and firewalls disabled?

c. using silent install techniques?

Are you running the computer and its programs as administrator?

Are you working from a personal home computer or are you in a company or school network?

ATR

• 2. Re: Premier Elements Win 7 Installation errors:  network resource that is unavailable / ...Has stopped working at boot
            firedeva Level 1

Hi Firedeva,

Yes, 64 bit, installing from download from Adobe site, internet connection active, Avast antivirus was active, silent install??, yes as administrator, personal home computer.

• 3. Re: Premier Elements Win 7 Installation errors:  network resource that is unavailable / ...Has stopped working at boot
              firedeva Level 1

I restored my computer to a backup from 6 days ago in the hopes that might bypass the problem but it was not a help.

I ran the install again, this time with Avast antivirus disabled.

Half way through install it says It can't find the file:

g:\4dccb93d3d7dc80a587b4f5b6c3a\

This is weird because my Win 7 operating system is on C and I'm installing Elements to drive E and there G drive is just my backup files with nothing installed on it.

So I had to click cancel again whereupon Elements continued the install.  Install completed with "Some itmes for the following product could not be installed correctly" followed by the Elements icon..

I tried to insert a screen capture image of the error message popups but the Adobe forum system says "That image type is forbidden." to both a jpg and a png file.  What's that about??

There is an error summary with this last message:

Exit Code: 6

Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example,  ERROR: DF023, DW063 ...

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 8 error(s)

----------- Payload: Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) 9.0.30729.5677 {539B5BB0-18F9-11E2-BBBC-00215AEA26C9} -----------

ERROR: Third party payload installer vcredist_x86.exe failed with exit code: 1612

ERROR: Failed to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86). Please try installing it by double clicking on the executable at "E:\Video Downloads\Adobe Premiere Elements 13\PRE 13\payloads\Microsoft VC 2008 Redist (x86)\vcredist_x86.exe", or download and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) from Microsoft website - www.microsoft.com

----------- Payload: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) 10.0.40219.325 {55B82130-18F9-11E2-8D43-00215AEA26C9} -----------

ERROR: Third party payload installer vcredist_x86.exe failed with exit code: 1612

ERROR: Failed to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86). Please try installing it by double clicking on the executable at "E:\Video Downloads\Adobe Premiere Elements 13\PRE 13\payloads\Microsoft VC 2010 Redist (x86)\vcredist_x86.exe", or download and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) from Microsoft website - www.microsoft.com

----------- Payload: Adobe Premiere Elements 13(64 bit) 13.0.0.0 {E76173BC-DC9A-49C3-9B9F-FD7814FC3308} -----------

ERROR: DF023: Unable to delete backup file at "C:\Users\JIM\AppData\Local\Temp\PremiereElements13dot0.cfg". Error 2 The system cannot find the file specified.. Try setting correct permissions to the specified file/folder or parent folder, so that admin has rights to modify it.(Seq 16756)

ERROR: DW063: Error committing command ARKFlashPlayerTrustFileCommand(Seq 16756)

ERROR: DF023: Unable to delete backup file at "C:\Users\JIM\AppData\Local\Temp\PremiereElements13dot0.cfg". Error 2 The system cannot find the file specified.. Try setting correct permissions to the specified file/folder or parent folder, so that admin has rights to modify it.(Seq 16755)

ERROR: DW063: Error committing command ARKFlashPlayerTrustFileCommand(Seq 16755)

Thanks for your help,

James

• 4. Re: Premier Elements Win 7 Installation errors:  network resource that is unavailable / ...Has stopped working at boot
                firedeva Level 1

I should add that, so far, Elements starts, loads media, and plays and edits without any apparent problems or errors.

• 5. Re: Premier Elements Win 7 Installation errors:  network resource that is unavailable / ...Has stopped working at boot
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

firedeva

Thanks for the reply.

Premiere Elements should be installed to the default location Local Disc C. If you do not do that, the consequence can be multiple problems. And, there are components of the program that will probably install to various default locations no matter what you do.

In spite of all that, are you saying

I should add that, so far, Elements starts, loads media, and plays and edits without any apparent problems or errors.

If that is the case, then you could proceed cautiously with your projects until a problem stops you from doing that.

But, consider

uninstall  Premiere Elements the usual Control Panel way

do a free ccleaner run through (regular and registry parts) CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

reinstall to the default location Local Disk C shown in the installation dialog (antivirus is disabled during reinstall).

After program installation, set the Scratch Disks to places of choice that have lots of free hard drive space...does not have to be Local Disc C, can be an external hard drive.

Please consider.

ATR