3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2015 9:21 AM by MdesignAZ

Synced typekit fonts no longer available

MdesignAZ Level 1

My typekit fonts that were synced are no longer working.

I see a message that suggests I upgrade to a “Portfolio Plan” which will unlock the fonts - but I see that "A Portfolio plan is included with Creative Cloud Complete… subscriptions.” I have a CC subscription, and typekit fonts were working for me yesterday.

How can I get help with this?

Platform: iMac / 3.4 GHz i7 / OSX 10.10.4

• 1. Re: Synced typekit fonts no longer available
          Rajashree Bhattacharya Adobe Employee

Please see if these steps get the fonts to sync again:

A) turn off font sync in the Creative Cloud application, wait a moment, and then turn it back on.  The option to do this is under the gear icon in Preferences > Fonts ("sync on/off").

B) If that doesn't help, please check and see if the sync process is running on your computer:

1. open the Activity Monitor

2. quit the Creative Cloud application

3. wait a minute or two, then check the activity list for any Creative Cloud processes that are still running. They will have the red cloud icon next to them, and might be named Creative Cloud, Adobe CEF helper, Core Sync.

4. if you find any of these processes, force quit them from the Activity Monitor.

5. restart the Creative Cloud application and see if the fonts sync.

If neither of those get the fonts to sync again, send your recent sync log files to us in Typekit Support - support@typekit.com - so that we can look into it further for you:

Adobe Typekit Help: Troubleshooting Guide: syncing fonts

• 2. Re: Synced typekit fonts no longer available
            MdesignAZ Level 1

I tried these things, but fonts are still not syncing.

Additionally, when I go to typekit in a browser (logged in with my Adobe CC user name) I still see that it's telling me I need to upgrade to a portfolio account have access to more fonts. It's my understanding that I should have a Tk Portfolio account with my Adobe CC account, is this correct?

I can sending the log files to support@typekit.com via email (I don't see a way to attach to a message here.)

I will reference this thread.

• 3. Re: Synced typekit fonts no longer available
              MdesignAZ Level 1

This was solved by Adobe making a change to the provisioning of my account. It was not an issue on my machine.