2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2015 12:49 PM by nopow

No loading bar and blank Composition panel?

nopow

I am in pretty desperate need of help. I make After Effects templates and have always used CS5 for maximum user compatibility. Recently I got the CC upgrade to test a template, because a user of my template was complaining of slow load times. When I opened the project in CC the load times were MUCH slower than CS5. To be more specific, when I open a comp, the first frame takes over 30 seconds to load, whereas it takes only 2 or 3 seconds to load in CS5. After the first frame loads, I can usually jump to another frame and it loads in 3 seconds. What's strange is the loading bar at the bottom of the Composition panel doesn't even show up and start its "fill-up" process for a good 25 seconds or so. I've never experienced that in CS5. Also strange, is that I've been hiding layers to try to isolate the problem, and I'll hide everything except for one simple text layer, and it still takes a long time to load. This leads me to believe it's not caused by a specific effect. Are there any known issues in the up-conversion process of earlier projects that makes projects buggy in CC 2015? I've notice that only some of my templates have this problem - not all.

Any insights you can give me is appreciated.

OS X Yosemite

2011 iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB ram

AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB

(Ray-Traced 3D renderer is off)

UPDATE: After doing a lot of research, I'm pretty convinced that this is the result of the re-architecture of how comps are previewed in CC 2015. I can not figure out what's different about my projects, since I haven't found anyone else experiencing this problem. I have quite a few nested compositions, and the projects are converted from CS5. My composition panel is completely blank (just gray) for 20 to 30 seconds every time I open a comp, or change a an effect in a comp. Does anyone have any theories?

Message was edited by: Noel Powell