5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2015 4:35 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements

namkeenrani

I have just finished a project and then saved it on a disk. There were a few very minor changes to be made, so I went back to my project and it gives me an error message that the project is not compatible with current version of Premiere Elements. Please help

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements
          A.T. Romano Level 7

namkeenrani

On what version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system did you create this project that you saved to disc?

What did you save to disc, project file and its assets including source media or just the project file? Was the save an archived project or just a regularly saved project?

Did you try to open the project file in the same version of Premiere Elements on the same computer?

Please consider and give more detail. Then based on the details in your reply, we can decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements
            namkeenrani Level 1

Sir:-

I have windows 7 pro 64 bit and my premiere elements is version

13. I saved the project as a movie.   Yes, I tried to open it in the same version it was a regular saved project. Thank you for your prompt reply.

Samina

Sent from my iPad

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Samina

Thanks for the reply and additional details.

Let us zero in on the details of opening the saved closed project that you saved to disc.

1. If all is happening on the same computer, when the project opens there, it should be tracing back to the original source media at the their save location where they were when you first imported them into the project. So, we should be OK with source media - project connects.

2. Are you opening the saved closed project on the data disc, by inserting the disc in the computer, opening the disc, right clicking the project file that you find, and selecting Open With followed by Adobe Premiere Elements 13.0?

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements
                namkeenrani Level 1

Sir:-

The saved project on the dis has been converted to a movie. I went back to my saved file on the computer and I found the error message.

Sent from my iPad

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Samina

Thanks for the reply with more details.

I read your thread as

a. your created a Premiere Elements 13 project and saved the project file to a disc.

and

b. then you decided you wanted to change parts of the Timeline content in the saved closed project file.

To the contrary, from what you just wrote, it would appear that you are pointing at the export from your project file, not the project file, and are pointing to the saved export of it.

That now brings up the question, what are the properties of the export from the project that you saved to disc?

Please detail the export choices that you made under Publish+Share/ to produced this saved movie.

Looking forward to your reply with details as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR