When I download the application manager to update everything, I get an error message saying that the "failed to initialize" and that I need to download some more software to detect the issue, but that software is no longer there. This issue seemingly started spontaneously after no issues at all for a month or so.
start at the top and work your way down applying applicable fixes until your problem is resolved.
if, your error is:
"Installer failed to initialize. File not found." or "Installer failed to initialize. This could be due to missing files."
first, rename OOBE Folder to OOBE.old.
to find OOBE:
64 bit win OS: Program Files x86\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE
32 bit win OS: Program Files \Common Files\Adobe\OOBE
mac os: HD>library>application support>adobe>caps
mac os: USER>library>application support>adobe>OOB
if that fails or isn't the exact error you see, uninstall, clean (http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html) and reinstall.
if you're using a dvd to install:
copy the disc contents to a desktop directory and install from that directory.
if you're using a mac:
1. Try to Create a new user account in Mac with Administrator Priviledges.
2. Login to the New user, Navigate to Mac HD> Application> Utilities> Adobe Installer folder, Locate products like Adobe Reader, Adobe Flash, Adobe Air and un-install them
3. Navigate to User Library> Application Support> Adobe and move Adobe to Trash.
4. Navigate to Mac HD> Library> Application Support> Adobe and move Adobe to Trash.
5. Start the installation again.
if everything applicable above fails, check your installation logs: