5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2015 12:40 PM by trshaner

Purple Images in Library

davidb27503092

Hi.

My images (JPEGS and RAW) files have turned purple in the Library window. They have been fine for weeks but today have decided to turn purple. I have played with all the settings and it makes no difference.

I have included a screen shot.

Untitled.jpg

• 1. Re: Purple Images in Library
          trshaner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The color cast in the HIstogram indicates an issue with your graphics system. Try unchecking  'Use Graphics Processor' in LR Preferences:

If that doesn't work you have an issue with your monitor settings, monitor profile, monitor driver, monitor cable, or graphics card.

• 2. Re: Purple Images in Library
            davidb27503092 Level 1

Thanks trshaner.

I found the problem. The Colour Management - Device profile had changed. I don't know how it happened as I haven't been anywhere near it.

This is the correct one for anyone else with similar problem.

Windows-7-Color-Management.jpg

Thanks again!

• 3. Re: Purple Images in Library
              jeffg1866157

I'm having a similar problem, but mine aren't purple.  Was yours just specific to Lightroom, or was it to all pictures?  My is more of a sepia tone, but its only specific to LR.  Pictures that have already been edited and exported look much different in the LR Library vs in just the regular windows environment,picture viewer, etc.

I'm assuming that Color Management is not in LR but just in your regular Windows OS?

• 4. Re: Purple Images in Library

David, the monitor profile should be set under the 'Devices' tab of Windows Color Management as below. I'm not sure what you have set as the 'default' profile, but sRGB is not a monitor profile. It will work with standard gamut monitors, but the display manufacturer's profile is a better choice. For best results a monitor calibrator such as those from X-Rite (i1 Display) and Datacolor (Spyder) will allow properly setting the monitor's Luminance, Color Temperature and Gamma.

What monitor model are you currently using with your system?

• 5. Re: Purple Images in Library

jeffg1866157 wrote:

I'm having a similar problem, but mine aren't purple.  Was yours just specific to Lightroom, or was it to all pictures?  My is more of a sepia tone, but its only specific to LR.  Pictures that have already been edited and exported look much different in the LR Library vs in just the regular windows environment,picture viewer, etc.

I'm assuming that Color Management is not in LR but just in your regular Windows OS?

This is most likely the same issue, which is an incompatible monitor profile assigned in the OS Color Management system. The solution is as outlined in my reply #4 above.