I have worked with many versions of Premiere Elements -- generalizing, version 12 gave me the most problems installation-wise beyond the Sign In.
Please review the following solutions to determine if any works for you:
If none of that works, then I would go through the usual drill
1. Does the problem exist with or without the antivirus and firewalls disabled?
2. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements and are you running the programs as administrator?
In addition, right click the Desktop Icon for the program, select and apply Run As Administrator.
3. Is your video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card or the manufacturer of the computer.
I am bypassing deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file for now, may come back to that later.
(a) Uninstall the usual Control Panel way.
(b) do a free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaner parts) CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download
(c) reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled.
For installation files into which to insert your purchased serial number, you can use either of following
Let us start here and then decide what next based on the details in your reply.
Questions or need clarification on any of the above, please ask.
Thank's for your quick response, I will make the attempts tomorrow and get back to you if there is further problem.
I have followed the instructions one by one however Premier Elements still refuse to run although was installed. Would you have any other suggestion?
Thanks for the replies.
Just a bit of recapping...
1. When you installed Premiere Elements 12, did you install to the default location on the Local Drive C (assumed that SSD is your Local Drive C) or some place else?
2. From what you wrote, you have already renamed the SLCache Folder and SLStore Folder. Also, try renaming the OOBE Folder.
Local Disk C
Program Files (x86)
and in the Adobe Folder is the OOBE Folder that you rename specifically to OLDOOBE.