2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2015 9:41 PM by Rick Gerard

Simulate a Video Projector?

mksalva Level 1

I'm making a scene in a cartoon that calls for a PowerPoint-type presentation being displayed by a video projector.

I've already made the video (complete with awful-looking transitions), but can anyone recommend a couple of filters to make it look like it's being projected?

The most I've done so far is to add a rounded corners mask, with a little feathering.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Simulate a Video Projector?
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Set the layer blend mode to screen or add. That will simulate how a projector sends out light. You can't project darkness! Also, adding a bit of wiggle to the opacity can help too.

• 2. Re: Simulate a Video Projector?
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It would help if we had some kind of idea of the look you are going for. You can simulate scan lines with the venetian blind effect, you can add noise, glow, distortion with the Bad TV Animation presets.  You can scale a video layer or corner pin it to make it look like it is projected on a wall, you can use blend modes to pick up the surface of a screen graphic, you can add a light ray with a blurred and semi transparent shape layer using the Add or Screen blend mode. There are lots of options. It just depends on what kind of look you are going for.