6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2015 10:47 AM by Zac Lam

MakeAudioRenderer() unknown error compiling movie

ttoinoud Level 1

Hi,

I just compiled the SDK Exporter sample plugin and trying to export a file to .sdk results in «error compiling movie».

Turns out the last instruction I can debug is about MakeAudioRenderer.

In the 2015 documentation its written «The Sequence Audio Suite is now at version 2, revising MakeAudioRenderer() to take PrAudioChannelLabel* as a parameter.»

But here is the line of code from the sample plugin :

mySettings->sequenceAudioSuite->MakeAudioRenderer(    exID,
                                                              exportInfoP->startTime,
                                                              (PrAudioChannelType)channelType.value.intValue,
                                                              kPrAudioSampleType_32BitFloat,
                                                              (float)sampleRate.value.floatValue,
                                                              &audioRenderID);

Thanks in advance,

Antoine.

• 1. Re: MakeAudioRenderer() unknown error compiling movie
          Zac Lam Adobe Employee

Hi Antoine,

Thanks for reporting this, I'll check it out.

• 2. Re: MakeAudioRenderer() unknown error compiling movie
            ttoinoud Level 1

Thank you for checking this out. I am currently creating an exporter for APP & AME and have others video-related issues. Did you try to use the sample SDK Exporter with anamorphic pixels and interlaced video ? Sometimes it just doesn't work (no error message, the .sdk is just filled with the headers : no frames were written). Antoine.

• 3. Re: MakeAudioRenderer() unknown error compiling movie
              Zac Lam Adobe Employee

Hi Toinou,

There does seem to be a problem with calling MakeAudioRenderer() using version 1 of the sequenceAudioSuite.  Version 2 should work.

The 2nd issue you mention is the fact that the async rendering code in the exporter sample is not complete in SDK_Exporter.cpp.  Starting from this code:

mySettings->videoSequenceParser->GetRTStatus(videoTime, segmentEnd, playcode);

if (playcode == PRT_PLAYCODE_REALTIME)

{

}

else

{

}

You can just replace it all with:

result = RenderAndWriteVideoFrame(videoTime, exportInfoP);

• 4. Re: MakeAudioRenderer() unknown error compiling movie
                Zac Lam Adobe Employee

Hi Toinou,

The problem calling MakeAudioRenderer() using version 1 of the sequenceAudioSuite is in the SDK exporter sample.

When acquiring/releasing sequenceAudioSuite in SDK_Exporter.cpp, it is acquiring version 2, but then in usage it uses version 1:

Replace:

spError = spBasic->AcquireSuite(

kPrSDKSequenceAudioSuite,

kPrSDKSequenceAudioSuiteVersion,

const_cast<const void**>(reinterpret_cast<void**>(&(mySettings->sequenceAudioSuite))));

with:

spError = spBasic->AcquireSuite(

kPrSDKSequenceAudioSuite,

kPrSDKSequenceAudioSuiteVersion1,

const_cast<const void**>(reinterpret_cast<void**>(&(mySettings->sequenceAudioSuite))));

and replace:

if (lRec->sequenceAudioSuite)

{

result = spBasic->ReleaseSuite(kPrSDKSequenceAudioSuite, kPrSDKSequenceAudioSuiteVersion);

}

with:

if (lRec->sequenceAudioSuite)

{

result = spBasic->ReleaseSuite(kPrSDKSequenceAudioSuite, kPrSDKSequenceAudioSuiteVersion1);

}

• 5. Re: MakeAudioRenderer() unknown error compiling movie
                  tit_toinou Level 1

Hi Zac,

Looks like it is working now, thank you, I'll work with the audio now.

Thanks for the tip to render videos with non squre PAR and/or interlaced.

I'm testing the SDK example with a bunch of weird videos...

I have a debug assertion thrown (MSVCP120.DLL, file VC/include/list line 210, "Expression list iterator not dereferencable", the issue seems to be in the ParseSequence function), here is a link to download the PP project and video : Dropbox - PremiereProSDKExporterBug tit toinou.zip

Antoine.

• 6. Re: MakeAudioRenderer() unknown error compiling movie
                    Zac Lam Adobe Employee

Ah, again you have hit some test code that is not fully complete.  You'll notice the comment immediately above the call to ParseSequence():

// The following code is in progress to test the new custom pixel format support

So feel free to comment out that block of code.  I am cleaning up the sample code based on your feedback, thanks!