3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2015 11:33 AM by A.T. Romano

The data rate of this file is to high for DVD. Why AM I RECEIVING THIS ERROR?

mmmitchell8

I am using premier elements 13.  I am trying to burn a DVD.  I have done it hundreds of time using Premier Elements 10.  I recently updated to Premier Elements 13.  My video project setting has always been "AVCHD Lite 720p24".  This setting has always allowed me to burn a DVD in Elements 10 with no problem.  I can't seem to get the same video with the same settings to burn to a DVD in Premiere Elements 13.  It doesn't matter if I select DVD or AVCHD.  I still get this error "The data rate of this file is to high for DVD. You mist replace the file with one of a lower data rate.:

Again I can take the same video clips into the older version of elements and burn to a dvd with no problem. Why can't I get Premiere Elements 13 to burn the same content with the same project settings to a DVD?

[Asking in the correct forum helps... Moved from Premiere Pro to Premiere Elements... Mod]

• 1. Re: The data rate of this file is to high for DVD. Why AM I RECEIVING THIS ERROR?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

mmmitchella

Let us explore the basic information....

1. What are the properties of the file(s) that you are bringing to the Timeline, especially video and audio Bitrates (in Mbps or kbps)?

2. Does the problem exist with and with the preference "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD graphics 2000 or higher)" disabled?

3. When you have your DVD disc in the burner try and are in the burn dialog, what does the burn dialog's Quality area show for Space Required and Bitrate with and without the option Fit Content To Available Space enabled?

4. If you do a burn to folder instead of a burn to disc or ISO Image, does this message also appear? When does the message appears - before or after you hit Burn in the burn dialog?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: The data rate of this file is to high for DVD. Why AM I RECEIVING THIS ERROR?
            mmmitchell8 Level 1

See my responses below in Red

OMG thank you....just wish it wasn't the last thing I tried.  LOL

2. Does the problem exist with and with the preference "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD graphics 2000 or higher)" disabled?

NO That did it THANK YOU!!!!!

• 3. Re: The data rate of this file is to high for DVD. Why AM I RECEIVING THIS ERROR?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

mmmitchell8

Thank you for the wonderful news of success via the Intel HD graphic 2000 or higher preference settings. Great job of sorting through the details to obtain your success.

Your particular error message was the first of its kind that I recall seeing. So special thanks for contributing that information to the Premiere Elements troubleshooting toolbox for all.

Best wishes

ATR