• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to view Flash Player in Windows 10?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player videos will not play. Microsoft says it is integrated into Microsoft edge. "use flash player" is "on" in advanced settings. Window opens stating that I might need to disable ActiveX in order for flash player to play. Unable to find a place in settings to disable ActiveX. Advice please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Recent update from Windows update seems to have resolved my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry about the instructions for ActiveX filtering, you can ignore that (and I'll get that page updated accordingly.)  I've seen a few reports about Edge not finding Flash Player, though I haven't been able to reproduce this myself.  Was this Windows 10 install an upgrade?  If so, what OS were you upgrading from?  Is this the default "home" install?  Is it 32 or 64 bit?  Finally, what language is the OS?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, Chris. I'll quit looking for a way to disable ActiveX. I downloaded the upgrade to Windows 10 on both home and office computers. Both were upgraded from Windows 7. Both are English 64 bit. Flash Player works fine on home computer, but not on office computer. The only difference I see is that the computer at home was running Windows 7 "Home", and the office computer was running Windows 7 "Pro". Please be gentle, I'm 77 years old. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answers, I'm going to bring this up today with Microsoft.  I'm curious, if you visit this page:

Flash Player Help

Then, click on the "..." menu in the upper right of the Edge browser.  A menu will appear, one of the options is "Open with Internet Explorer".  Select that, then once the pages loads again in IE, click the "Check Now" button.  Does Flash Player still report not being installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will be tomorrow before I'm back at my office to follow your instructions. Will post back then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, When I follow your instructions, it shows that I have version 18.0.0.209 and need version 18.0.0.232. If I go to step 2 and try to download that version, it says that Flash Player is integrated with MS Edge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2015 Aug 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, Any follow thru from Microsoft on this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2015 Aug 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing concrete yet, they've also heard reports.  When you tried one of my earlier tests, did Flash Player work in Internet Explorer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2015 Aug 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, I think you are missing my reply from August 12, so I am pasting here:

Chris, When I follow your instructions, it shows that I have version 18.0.0.209 and need version 18.0.0.232. If I go to step 2 and try to download that version, it says that Flash Player is integrated with MS Edge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris: I thought that perhaps the windows updates installed last night might resolve the problem, as I saw that one of the updates concerned flash player, but no such luck. Microsoft says to make sure Flash Player is turned on in settings/platform Controls. I do NOT have a Platform Controls listed in settings, even in advanced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris, there are many people with this problem, I have Windows 10 Pro 64 bits Spanish, the Flash Player works with Internet Explorer 11 including the test, but not work with Microsoft Edge, I have installed the version 18.0.0.232 .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for the additional information.  Unfortunately, we've been unable to reproduce on our team but I'll be following up with Microsoft and will make sure I point them to this thread (among others).  In the meantime, I recommend using IE or another browser when Flash content is required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris:

I have exactly the same issues. Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 Pro. IE11 works fine but not Edge with Flash Player enabled. Microsoft  forums and tech support have no answers either?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2015 Oct 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Just thought I'd add that I too am experiencing the same difficulties with Flash player and Edge. Updated to Windows 10 from Windows /. Have enabled Flash player on all settings but still no improvement. This really is a problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently upgraded Windows 10 to version 1511, thinking that might solve the problem of Flash Player inoperable using Microsoft Edge. No luck. Have to switch to Internet Explorer to be able to use Flash Player. Is anyone working on this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both Microsoft and Adobe test the embedded Flash Player in Edge extensively.  I'm not sure why it's not working in your specific case, but it's not an across-the-board problem.

Here's my generic advice, which usually works.

First, confirm that ActiveX Filtering is configured to allow Flash content:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/867968

Internet Explorer 11 and Edge introduce a number of changes both to how the browser identifies itself to remote web servers, and to how it processes JavaScript intended to target behaviors specific to Internet Explorer. Unfortunately, this means that content on some sites will be broken until the content provider changes their site to conform to the new development approach required by modern versions of IE.

You can try to work around these issues by using Compatibility View:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11

If that is too inconvenient, using Google Chrome may be a preferable alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Recent update from Windows update seems to have resolved my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, I find this article

http://www.howtogeek.com/179213/why-browser-plug-ins-are-going-away-and-whats-replacing-them/  ,

Is this information truth ?  If it is, what is the next step ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2015 Sep 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, I too upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and am having the same problem with MS Edge seeing the flash player when I want to play games!  I can use IE and Chrome to play the games but Edge keeps telling me I need to install the flash player even though I have "Enabled" the flash in Edge settings! If I ask to open the game in IE, it will work in IE!   I hope you all can find the problem with this!  Very frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, My original post on this problem was on August 11th. I have received numerous Windows Updates, but evidently nothing to fix the problem, as it still exists. Is there any new word on your end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines