3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2015 6:21 PM by Brad Lawryk

release for commercial use

waitsmd

how do I get a release for commercial use on an Adobe stock photo? I want to use it for an EP cover for  my bands release.

• 1. Re: release for commercial use
          Brad Lawryk Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can get the same photo from Fotolia.com (also owned by Adobe) and purchase the extended license.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: release for commercial use
            cogtees

so THAT'S what's going on with your licensing then? i had to create an account just to find out your downloads AREN'T for commercial use. you should just put that in print with your various offers so people know that your pics are 100% useless for commercial use, but hey, thanks for making me waste 1/2 an hour of limited time on a public computer to find that out.

• 3. Re: release for commercial use
              Brad Lawryk Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Actually I don't work for Adobe so I can't control that. I am a user just like you.

I am sure the Extended Licenses will be available soon as the role out improvements. Adobe Stock is less than two months old. There is lots of improvements needed but they will get there.

For what it is worth, you can use it in a commercial project. Basic rule of thumb is it can be in a project but not be the project itself. For example putting the images on mugs and selling the mugs would need an extended license. If you are doing a book or whatever where the image is just used for illustration and people aren't buying because of the picture you are usually fine. Or if you take an image and edit it enough to not be resembling the original you are usually fine. So the statement about not being able to use it in a commercial project isn't entirely true.

The Standard Agreement (basically the same as all Stock photo sites) can be found here: http://wwwimages.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/legal/servicetou/Adobe_Stock_Terms_en_US-2 0150313_hpc.pdf

1 person found this helpful